• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

ash chaulk

International Captain
Tasmanian Manager Ash Chaulk has flown in DK Lillee and SK Warne to show his squad just how to bowl.

After there very poor performances in the friendlys including a loss which saw the ACT score 415/3 in 50overs Manager Ash Chaulk was ****ed at all the bowlers during pre season and believe they will have to sharpen up.

on tha flip side he is quite happy with his teams batting as it exceeded his expectations

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
A lot has been happening behind the closed doors of Western Province Cricket club.

Whilst there has been little correspondence with the outside world of late countless hours of work and relaxation have gone into making season 5, another year that goes to Slats4ever's plans.

With much liasing going on with the Colts side and AgeMaster, Western Province were able to snare some highly talented players to join there ranks. Usman Gul looks set to compliment Bishop Matthie from one end of Newlands, and another very talented allrounder in Quintin Friend has joined the ranks to jostle for a spot in the eleven. Dudley Jacobs, brother of Ridley has also made the journey to South Africa where it looks likely he will take the keeping gloves off Hamish Nelson in the longer form of the game. There was also some experience added to the side with Shahid Afridi and David Pipe looking to play important roles in this seasons title shot.

Whilst the draft period was underway the boys in the rest of the squad took a short break to Sri Lanka where they kicked back in the jungle hunting elephants with the Colts team. At one stage things got a bit rowdy and Brett Lee from Colts forgot it was real and not paintball and shot Darden. Darden is in hospital recovering and it is hoped that he's right for the first round. Brett on the other hand is in jail hoping to be released for the first round.

Training was then able to resume properly and the side looked to warm to the task. "There definately is a buzz in the air, and as coach I'm excited. The players know there's a challenge ahead but they're ready for it".

Now the moment a lot of people have been waiting for the fisrt time in weeks Slats4ever has faced the media throng...

Welcome back Slats it sounds like you've been having a busy time behind all those closed doors. A new challenge in division 3 4 day do you think the side has what it takes to take the title out?

SLATS: It's going to be tough. A lot of sides out there are very good and to be honest I wouldn't be upset if we just survived in this division. I mean we're playing teams like Warwickshire who have the two best bowlers in the game opening up for them.

Was it hard to let Nelson go elsewhere?

SLATS4EVER: It was a tough decision but it really wasn't working here for him. He hadn't seemed to take a liking to the environment which he found himself in. It did hurt however to see him go to Warwickshire eventually. The public attack from both nibbs and Nelson on WP and me personally hurt. We treated him well and unfortunately he didn't respond nicely at all.

Even though you had a great year last year 4 day the od'ers must have hurt. To be in the bottom division there is hardly ideal. Is there a chance of improvements this year?

SLATS4EVER: The side know that their performances in the past really haven't justified a spot any higher. I think you'll see a new attitude here however in coming seasons. Whilst in the past the OD scene has been viewed as a place to try out new things in preparation for the 4 dayers, this season we're keen to really impress as much as we can in season 5.

It is alleged that you've gone behind Cloete's back and stolen his junior development team is there any truth to this allegation?

SLATS4EVER: no comment.

Is there any truth to the fact that you personally went to India in your break to try to lure his rookies to your team?

SLATS4EVER: Look guys the nets are calling me, my team needs me I really have to go.

Mr. P

Somerset CC have officially named S Sharath their captain, sources confirmed today. In what is likely to be his final year in WCC, Sharath has been a successful batsman for colts and was traded to Somerset this year. The announcement follows the departure of Peter Bowler, who was captain for 3 years running.

Sharath will captain in both forms.

Slats4ever

In a decision which everyone really knew was coming Trev Darden has been announced captain of Western Province for season 5, pipping last years successful captain Thilan Samaraweera.

SLATS4EVER. it really only was a two horse race, Trevor had the inside run though cos he's captained the ROW side and will be a guarantee of starting in both forms. There's that much competition in this side Thilan may not get a run each week.

Trevor made a few brief comments to the media saying he was "delighted and expected another successful year for WP"

nibbs

International Captain
Upon returning from their final pre-season warm ups in Dubai, Warwickshire have announced that their season 5 captains would be the same as last season, with Sridharan Sriram retaining the four day captaincy, whilel Daniel Howarth keeps his one day job.

Sriram has led the four day side to second and third place respectively in the previous 2 seasons. However with so much expected from Warwickshire in this form this season he'll under pressure to preform. With Howarth waiting on the wings, Sriram will have to get the results. Howarth in his first crack at captaincy led Warwickshire to the division 3 one day title, winning 8 games in the process, losing only two.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Australia Announce new Batting Coaches

Former WCC stars Darren Lehmann and Jamie Cox have been appointed batting coaches for the South Australian redbacks for the next 3 seasons. Lehmann regarded as the best wcc player ever, played a major role in the redbacks success in the last few seasons. Cox, a former Kent, ACT and Tasmanian star has been recruited to aid the younger players coming through. With the guys on board SA will be expecting a lot from their younger guys in the coming seasons.

ash chaulk

International Captain
You were very lucky to appoint Cox as Tasmania had approached him with a deal. But Tasmania wishes 'Coxy' goodluck.

Simon

ash chaulk said:
You were very lucky to appoint Cox as Tasmania had approached him with a deal. But Tasmania wishes 'Coxy' goodluck.
he was delighted to have agreed to terms, i saw his potential as a coach after having him in the side at ACT last season....

ash chaulk

International Captain
Well you can see the difference between the lower division clubs with less money then the big power houses like Sth Aus who can afford the best of coaches!

Simon

ash chaulk said:
Well you can see the difference between the lower division clubs with less money then the big power houses like Sth Aus who can afford the best of coaches!
we have the trophies in the cabinet to back up the offer of coaching here ;)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL thats only cause you never got the chance to be demolished by him...

He has been by FAR AND AWAY the best batsman the WCC has seen...

There is no question about it..

Oh Nibbs Harwood is an Aussie, you shouldn't go saying he's the best ever.. :p ;)

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire open with win

In front of Kent crowd hoping to start the new season with a bang, Warwickshire realised, this was not going to be a walk in the park.

Kent batted first. Whilst the got on top of opening bowlers Gregson (0/49), and Nelson (1/76), Kent were highly troubled by some top bowling from Pacoe (4/35) and Wesley Jones (2/28) in his WCC debut. Former Warwickshire player Owen Hemp made 16, while Stratton top scored with 75. Kent were all out for 238.

Warwickshire were always in control. Senior (17) went first, but solid batting from Sathish (64) and Howarth (76), ensured Warwickshire got to the total with ease. Kripal Singh in his first innings since leaving Mumbai hit a solid 42 off 38 balls. Warwickshire home by 6 over and wickets to spare.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw very happy with the win over victoria, when going into the game the vics where red hot favourites to take the 2 points away form a new looking nsw. nsw manager very happy to get the 2 points although there is alot of work that still needs to be done to get the team back to its true form, which is the nsw we know.
all players got through the game un injured and its good to get a win straight up and know we look to consolidate that winning spirit.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In an amazing incident Western Province manager Slats4eva was found crying in his hotel room in the early hours of Monday morning.

Slats4eva had to hold back tears as he faced the press outside the team hotel later in the morning.

"I can't believe Blewy could be so hurtfull, I mean, he said our season was over before it began," The sobbing Slats blubbered.

"You would expect more from the World Club Cricket chairman."

Australian Capital Territory manager and World Club Cricket chairman fought back laughter when approached on the matter.

"Ian is a fool, I can't believe he could take things so personally." Blewy said.

Blewy continued by quoting a line from one of his favourite movies 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico', "Is he a Mexi-can or a Mexi-can't?"

What will come of this fued, will it bring a split between two fierce WCC rivals, or is this just a storm in a tea-cup? Stay tuned.