• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Crowd Goes Wild had a little update last night on the White Ferns in Ireland, which was great to see, but frustratingly they just included soundbites from "captain Lea Tahuhu" without any further explanation. Anyone know if Bates is injured, or resting, or what? Can't find any mention online.

_Ed_

Scratch that - Bates is there, and casually won the first T20 with 63* (29). Guess CGW just got confused.

cnerd123

likes this
Bangladesh women just beat India women yesterday. Pretty huge moment for them.

Maybe the men's team can learn something from that.

a massive zebra

International Captain
No it really wouldn't. Even Australia women, the number 1 womens team in the world, would get battered by the Bangladesh mens team.

Jack1

International Debutant
No it really wouldn't. Even Australia women, the number 1 womens team in the world, would get battered by the Bangladesh mens team.
An all star women's team of the best 11 international women's players would lose to the weakest division 2 men's county team in England in all formats. He was joking though.

TheJediBrah

An all star women's team of the best 11 international women's players would lose to the weakest division 2 men's county team in England in all formats. He was joking though.
That's probably being generous to the women. A representative under-15s district team would be a solid match.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They scored 490/4 which is the exact score from 1997-98 when it was New Zealand again who made it against Pakistan!

Jack1

International Debutant
That's probably being generous to the women. A representative under-15s district team would be a solid match.
A men’s club side in England playing at a high club standard would lose to an all star women’s side I’m sure more often than not. You are getting carried away

Daemon

A men’s club side in England playing at a high club standard would lose to an all star women’s side I’m sure more often than not. You are getting carried away
Amelia Kerr would skittle the Aussies on a dustbowl for 47.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Yeah that was an exaggeration for sure. Sarah Taylor has played for the Sussex 2nd team who would be miles better than a representative under-15s district team.

TheJediBrah

I really disagree, just from what I've seen. Impossible to prove though of course.

A couple years ago the Aus Women's national soccer team played a practice match against an Under-15s Newcastle boys team, and lost 7-0. Obviously a different sport but I think the general difference in standards would carry across most sports.

Not trying to take anything away from the performance of female athletes, they should be celebrated just as much as their male counterparts in most scenarios IMO, but there's no point pretending the standards are something that they're not.

cnerd123

likes this
Cricket is less athletically demanding than soccer tho. The women aren't trying to keep up pace with the boys or be stronger than them, they can beat many a decent semi pro men's team just by bowling more accurately, taking their catches and not giving away their wickets.

TheJediBrah

Cricket is less athletically demanding than soccer tho. The women aren't trying to keep up pace with the boys or be stronger than them, they can beat many a decent semi pro men's team just by bowling more accurately, taking their catches and not giving away their wickets.
You may be right. But what little I've seen of international womens' cricket has not been superior to higher level local mens' club cricket at all.