• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wisden archive & cricinfo

chasingthedon

International Regular
Anyone else have this problem? When I try to look at Wisden archives (I'm already registered), cricinfo keeps asking me to update my profile, then won't let me continue to the archive unless I change something!

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Anyone else have this problem? When I try to look at Wisden archives (I'm already registered), cricinfo keeps asking me to update my profile, then won't let me continue to the archive unless I change something!
Yes, I've had the same problem for a while now. Haven't found a solution yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First noticed this the best part of a year ago. Guess it was something to do with the ESPN takeover, certain content that was freely available and now no longer is... etc. Not sure if there's a solution though.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best buy a set - with judicious use of facsimile reprints it can be done for about £8,000 :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Are you understating there or can you honestly get fax reprints from whatsisname for that little?

Given a full been-around-for-140-years set costs, what, £130,000 or something.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The reprints go all the way to 1945 now (with a few exceptions in the 1930's but Willows are getting there and will do them all in the next few years) so yes in all seriousness £8k is easily achievable

There's a lot of snobbery amongst Wisden collectors (and I should know) - an 1896 rebound paperback without it's original covers will cost you less than £100 - an original hardback from 1896 will cost you - well at least £25k for a good one and a humble reprint might be £60 if you get lucky on ebay.

And as for you Mr Z a man of your earning capacity could, I am sure, buy a decent set with but a fraction of your hard earned.

As to the copying at 20p per copy (which is what I believe is the minimum you get on a detailed assessment) plus VAT the 100,000 or so pages would make your idea rather more costly than my facsimile idea - but for you I'll do it for 15p a copy and no VAT for cash?