• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Winter Tests

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Cricket Australia (ACB was easier to type) has announced that winter Tests will happen this time next year in a 2 Test series against Sri Lanka at Darwin and Cairns.

Will go a fair bit better with better opposition although I don't agree with Sri Lanka being shafted off up north.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I see the Sri Lankans have seen this as a slur on them.
Were Zimbabwe insulted at having to play at Chester le Street?

I think that it's excellent that the ACB or whatever they call themselves now are shifting games out to the sticks.

All the Aussies have to do to give Darwin or Cairns respectability is to shift one of the 'big' games up there.

Kachingggg! Oh, wait.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think that they should play the matches more during the NSW, Victorian and QLD school holidays, instead of just the first macth

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
vishnureddy said:
Is that Indoor One Day Series being played this year?
Nope.

I think the novelty of that had worn off although it's hard to attract a crowd when playing games during weekdays during the school period.

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Yes, we're playing Australia over December and January 2006-07, at Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham...
That has to be the stupidest idea ever, has nobody ever seen the English weather!

The pitches will be slipperly with dew and rain/snow - And quite frankly the teams have to actually get to the ground before they could even play to start with!

I feel so sorry for the poor fielders who have to stop a Gilchrist thunderbolt, oh actually no they probley would have lost feeling in their hands long before!

Well at least we might get the record of being the first match to ever be snowed off :rolleyes:

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Did you not note the sarcasm? :)

Anyway: Global Warming :D
I can't read, I go by the pictures and as you didn't use any Smilies I didn't stand a chance :saint: :P :lol:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Hoggy said:
Nope.

I think the novelty of that had worn off although it's hard to attract a crowd when playing games during weekdays during the school period.
It is returning next year. The Indoor super challenge is played next year between India and Australia

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich2001 said:
That has to be the stupidest idea ever, has nobody ever seen the English weather!

<snip>

Well at least we might get the record of being the first match to ever be snowed off :rolleyes:
I played in a Boxing Day charity cricket match many years ago - and there was snow on the ground. I even bowled in gloves.

A freak snowstorm struck Buxton in June 1975, depositing several inches of white stuff all over the ground. It was the first official entry of 'snow stopped play' in a first-class game.

The game was between Derbyshire (42 and 87) and Lancashire (477-5 dcl - batting first in warm sunshine amazingly enough). One of the umpires, fittingly enough, was Dickie Bird. I think the experience scarred him for life.