• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Winning toss can effect most cricket matches

slippy888

International Captain
Is anyone in favour off a bowl out before the match to earn the right to decide if you want to bowl or bat first, rather than a flimsy coin toss where no skill is involved.

loterry1994

International Debutant
I don’t think so in this case it should be 50/50 and the coin toss does it. Bowl offs you could probably practice and some teams would be better than others

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pretty sure this Indian batting would've made a meal of chasing moderate totals too, under lights or in broad daylight.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Captains have so far have won the toss and chosen to bat first 10 times and fielded first 18 times.

Maybe have a word with the 10 who opted not to win the match.

Aritro

International Regular
It's defo time for a rotating system where every team gets a chance to choose, with a toss deciding odd numbered matches.

Easier to do in bilateral series than tournaments because it's more of an advantage against stronger teams but I'd like to see the toss done away with as much as possible.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Way more lopsided in the night games I think. No team has won batting first in the second time slot.
The teams batting first in the night games have made 110, 125, 147, 154, 124, 134,190, 151 & 55. Only afghanistan's 190 would be considered a good t20 total. The rest are under par scores batting first.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The problem is the start time. If they start at 7:30 UAE time, it won't be this lopsided in favor of the side batting second, esp in Dubai and it will mean the toss will be less decisive.