• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies- To Be Or Not To Be

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair to suggest Gayle and Russell are better off eschewing singles but the rest have to do the hard yards. The format keeps restlessly evolving; what worked four years ago may not be good enough anymore.
Right, look at yesterday’s game how Rizwan and Babar running between the wickets getting the hard runs. It works good in the tempo of an innings and can hurt bowling attacks. West Indies can’t win this alone by hitting boundaries. Lendl Simmons is a dinosaur. He is dot ball king.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also, playing in the postage stamps at Mumbai and Bangalore is different to playing in Dubai. Still think they will be fine if they have a couple of games at Sharjah.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
When the Windies strategy of six hitting pays off then there aren't many teams in the world that can compete with them. Perhaps England. But even if the new age of T20 cricket where specialized roles and strategies are used,having a lack of strike rotating batsmen is an issue. Surely a Roston Chase or Holder is worth a spot? Dwayne Bravo's batting has regressed considerably to even be considered a number 5 in any format at International level.
So Dwayne Bravo has had something of a renaissance in his T20 batting over the last few months, and they wanted to use him to break up the left handers.

But otherwise you're spot on. That brand of cricket won't work in Dubai. The pitch is very slow, the boundaries are large. It was embarressing to watch.

Niall

International Coach
I'd bin Simmons and Russell and play Holder and Chase next game.

Russell is a passenger at the moment and they need to get Chase into this side.

Burgey

And it seems as if it's (the core) stopped producing fuel to sustain and the weight of the world is pushing down on them.

Question is, will we see a supernova?
Ive been a member here since 2006 and I’d like to congratulate you on the most laboured polysemy I’ve seen in my time posting

Aritro

International Regular
Importantly, here is Rampaul's wife's Instagram:

Could do with less of his mug in it. but such is life.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
He does have a point with having your players click at the right time, which makes the outcome of the match trend more towards them.
Also the 3 tosses lost is important in this tournament. If you throw that, an out of form batting lineup, some key injuries and iffy selections, that's enough to end even the best of teams world cup hopes.

SillyCowCorner1

Also the 3 tosses lost is important in this tournament. If you throw that, an out of form batting lineup, some key injuries and iffy selections, that's enough to end even the best of teams world cup hopes.
I feel that the team hardly ever plays as a unit. There are guys coming in from nowhere, while there are others who are floating. The core of the team is really not a core.