• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

WICFan

U19 Captain
I know we talk a lot about Roston Chase in our team. But, why the hell is Yannic Cariah in there.

#uselessplayers
I thought he done well enough with the ball during the Super50 but that hasnt translated over into international cricket, he's never been someone to get the run-rate going.

The T/20 squad is a mess.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I thought he done well enough with the ball during the Super50 but that hasnt translated over into international cricket, he's never been someone to get the run-rate going.

The T/20 squad is a mess.
The selectors lack basic logic. Cariah has mostly performed in redball cricket with sporadic efforts in List A. He had zero T20 experience. So what do they do? Throw him into white ball cricket.

Brandon King is one of our best red ball batters. So what do they do? Select him for white ball cricket so he never gets the chance to play FC cricket. They then refuse to pick him because he doesn't play enough red ball cricket.

Such basic stuff, honestly.

WICFan

U19 Captain
The selectors lack basic logic. Cariah has mostly performed in redball cricket with sporadic efforts in List A. He had zero T20 experience. So what do they do? Throw him into white ball cricket.

Brandon King is one of our best red ball batters. So what do they do? Select him for white ball cricket so he never gets the chance to play FC cricket. They then refuse to pick him because he doesn't play enough red ball cricket.

Such basic stuff, honestly.
Meanwhile, Evin Lewis is currently playing red ball club cricket in T&T.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Rnd 4:
Guyana 278 (Johnson 150, Imlach 46, Mindley 3/34) & 294/7d (Imlach 136*, Chanderpaul 89, Mindley 6/54) beat Jamaica 115 (Green 42, Smith 5/39) & 229 (Gilzene 85, Blackwood 80, Sinclair 4/37) by 228 runs.

Windwards 353 (K. Hodge 137, Athanaze 128 J. Lewis 4/46) & 174/4(Ambris 40*, Cornwall 2/53) beat Leewards 382/9d (James 107, Gore 93, Powell 75, S. Lewis 3/76) & 144 (M. Hodge 59, McSween 5/39) by 6 wickets.

Barbados 271 (McCaskie 92, Primus 53, Khan 4/86) & 118/3 (McCaskie 55*, Charles 3/34) beat Trinidad and Tobago 203 (Mohammed 55, Webster 46, Chaim Holder 5/71) & 185 (Bravo 36, Chaim Holder 4/63) by 7 wickets

WICFan

U19 Captain
Ronsford Beaton has once again been reported for a suspect bowling action and is suspended from playing in the final round of the fc competition.

This will be the third time he has been reported and he has previously had his remodelled action assessed at Loughborough University, England.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ronsford Beaton has once again been reported for a suspect bowling action and is suspended from playing in the final round of the fc competition.

This will be the third time he has been reported and he has previously had his remodelled action assessed at Loughborough University, England.
I thought that his time as a cricketer was over; I guess this is the nail in the coffin fo his career.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Congratulations to Guyana on winning the domestic championship.

Alick Athanaze was the top run scorer with 647 runs @ 64.7. 2 x 100s. 4 x 50s.
Darren Bravo was next with 446 @ 55.75. 2 x100s. 1 x 50.

Rahkeem Cornwall took the most wickets with 35 @ 14.34.
Veerasammy Permaul was next with 28 wickets @ 15.21.

Akeem Jordan was the best pacer with 22 wickets @ 17.36 despite missing a game due to being on international duty.

Beamer

So overall I was disappointed with the quality of batting in the tournament. Athanaze was absolutely outstanding and Bravo was decent, but other than that it was meh. I think only 5 people averaged over 40 (Athanaze, Bravo, Ambris, Johnson and Dowrich). All of those are established names as well, with the only good news story being Athanaze.

The bowling of course was dominated by Rakheem the dream and Permaul. That is a given. There were some promising performances though. Akeem Jordan is really skillful and took wickets in every match. Marquino Mindley was relentlessly accurate. Nial Smith bowled really devestating spells but was also a bit inconsistent. Jair MCallaster was not someone I had come across before but was the quickest bowler on show in the tournament, I would guess he was around the same pace as Alzarri.

Now we move onto the best v best vs the academy format, which will give players 3 more games each to make their case. Hopefully they will announce them soon and there is no funny business from Haynes et all. For example, Brandon King and Shai Hope are in the Caribbean at the moment, I expect them both to be selected to make their case.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Team Headley:
Joshua Da Silva (capt), Sunil Ambris, Darren Bravo, Justin Greaves, Kavem Hodge, Chaim Holder, Akeem Jordan, Marquino Mindley, Shayne Moseley, Gudakesh Motie, Anderson Phillip, Kieran Powell, Tevyn Walcott.

Team Weekes:
Alick Athanaze (capt), Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Keacy Carty, Dominic Drakes, Jahmar Hamilton, Brandon King, Jair McAllister, Zachary McCaskie, Veerasammy Permaul, Raymon Reifer, Kevin Sinclair, Nial Smith, Devon Thomas.

West Indies Academy:
Kevlon Anderson, Ackeem Auguste, Joshua Bishop, Teddy Bishop, McKenny Clarke, Rivaldo Clarke, Joshua James, Johann Layne, Kirk McKenzie, Ashmead Nedd, Kelvin Pitman, Keagan Simmons, Ramon Simmonds, Kevin Wickham, Nyeem Young.

Shai Hope is unavailable due to county commitments with Yorkshire while Rahkeem Cornwall and Shane Dowrich declared themselves unavailable for selection.

Beamer

Team Headley:
Joshua Da Silva (capt), Sunil Ambris, Darren Bravo, Justin Greaves, Kavem Hodge, Chaim Holder, Akeem Jordan, Marquino Mindley, Shayne Moseley, Gudakesh Motie, Anderson Phillip, Kieran Powell, Tevyn Walcott.

Team Weekes:
Alick Athanaze (capt), Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Keacy Carty, Dominic Drakes, Jahmar Hamilton, Brandon King, Jair McAllister, Zachary McCaskie, Veerasammy Permaul, Raymon Reifer, Kevin Sinclair, Nial Smith, Devon Thomas.

West Indies Academy:
Kevlon Anderson, Ackeem Auguste, Joshua Bishop, Teddy Bishop, McKenny Clarke, Rivaldo Clarke, Joshua James, Johann Layne, Kirk McKenzie, Ashmead Nedd, Kelvin Pitman, Keagan Simmons, Ramon Simmonds, Kevin Wickham, Nyeem Young.

Shai Hope is unavailable due to county commitments with Yorkshire while Rahkeem Cornwall and Shane Dowrich declared themselves unavailable for selection.
So it isn't the worst piece of selection Haynes and Butcher have done, but there are a couple of questions for them to answer..
  1. Bryan Charles, the T & T off spinner, who was fourth in the leading wicket takers chart at a decent average, was left out for Chaim Holder who only played 3 matches. This is despite Charles being the spinner of choice for the Presidents XI and A team matches over the last couple of years. This couldn't possibley be because Chaim Holder is a Bajan? Struggling to see any other reason why he would suddenly leapfrog Charles. It's rubbish like that which makes me doubt the selectors neutrality.
  2. What can Jahmar Hamilton show us at this stage? Why is he there ahead of younger players with similar performances such as Tevin Imlach?

Good to see Brandon King finally get a chance to force selection though. Long overdue.

SillyCowCorner1

Johann Layne is bowling with some fire right now. Getting good bounce and carry too. He's got one wicket to show for it so far.

SillyCowCorner1

Kelvin Pittman is getting some nice shape away from the right-handers.

I like what I am seeing so far from these Academy pacers.