• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

WICFan

U19 Captain
So Sanasie has been replaced as the head of GCB and Sarwan is now Chairman of Selectors.

I take it this is good news? What was the problems with GCB and the three regions/counties (Berbice, Demerara and Essequibo).?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That's 4 tests without defeat now. I feel we're starting to build something and am loving the work ethic and attitude.

There are still things that need tweaking though and we don't know if the 4 day season will be able to happen.

It seems clear that John Campbell needs a spell in FC cricket to work on things. There won't be many arguing against that but his replacement is less clear. We really don't have many options so they may need to be creative. Shai Hope? Shimron? Josh? Opening in the Caribbean is a very hard job and we just haven't found a solution.

The other tweak in my opinion is the seam attack. Alzarri hasn't stepped up and is in danger of having a Darren Powellesque bowling career. Roach is wasting the new ball by not making batsman play, Shannon was rusty and doesn't cope well with back to back matches. We need to rotate the likes of Chemar, Anderson Phillip, Preston McSween and Jayden Seales in so that they can step up when Shannon and Kemar aren't around.

WICFan

U19 Captain
The experience of County cricket will hopefully improve Joseph, he not kicked on despite being around for a while now. Keemo Paul is another who's stagnated.

Their does appear however, to be a good bit of depth and I think a replacement for Gabriel will be needed soon as he doesn't seem able to stay fit and looks stiff fielding.

The problem is the FC Season doesn't look like it's happening and that'll be detrimental to the development of pacers.

Tom Flint

International Regular
That's 4 tests without defeat now. I feel we're starting to build something and am loving the work ethic and attitude.

There are still things that need tweaking though and we don't know if the 4 day season will be able to happen.

It seems clear that John Campbell needs a spell in FC cricket to work on things. There won't be many arguing against that but his replacement is less clear. We really don't have many options so they may need to be creative. Shai Hope? Shimron? Josh? Opening in the Caribbean is a very hard job and we just haven't found a solution.

The other tweak in my opinion is the seam attack. Alzarri hasn't stepped up and is in danger of having a Darren Powellesque bowling career. Roach is wasting the new ball by not making batsman play, Shannon was rusty and doesn't cope well with back to back matches. We need to rotate the likes of Chemar, Anderson Phillip, Preston McSween and Jayden Seales in so that they can step up when Shannon and Kemar aren't around.
I thought niall Smith was the next cab off the rank after chemar holder?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, they need to keep Nial Smith in their radar.

I feel like Jayden Seales will be making his test debut before the other that were mentioned: Philip, McSween, Smith

Tom Flint

International Regular
That's interesting, what cricket will these guys be playing over the next couple months if not the regional 4 day game? Club cricket in their islands?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Chemar holder bowled decently well in NZ from what I remember on debut? Would have come out with better figures if Windies could field for ****. Don't see why he's still not the first choice behind Joseph/holder/Shannon/roach

SillyCowCorner1

Chemar holder bowled decently well in NZ from what I remember on debut? Would have come out with better figures if Windies could field for ****. Don't see why he's still not the first choice behind Joseph/holder/Shannon/roach
I think Chemar is right up there after the four pacers mentioned. Keemo Paul is on that same level as Chemar.

I have to bring in talent into the mix now though...Preston McSween adds variety to the attack with his left-arm pace. Anderson Philip reminds me of a typical Windies pacer from the 90s...Nial Smith, on the other hand brings new age pace bowling to the equation.

Jayden Seales---pure talent.

Aritro

International Regular
Just watched some footage of Chemar Holder. That bowling action is pure ***.

I want to see more of him.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I feel like Jayden Seales will be making his test debut before the other that were mentioned: Philip, McSween, Smith
I have a feeling you might be right. He was honestly way better than all the pacers on display in the 4 day practice game, it was insanely impressive for someone at that stage of his career.

I think we can all agree that the next group of young pacers need some game time. It will be fascinating to see if and how they achieve that. Innovation has not been a strength of theirs, if it hadn't been for the Bangladesh tour we would still be watching Hope and Chase get out bowled or lbw stuck on the crease every innings.

SillyCowCorner1

Yes, Seales definitely is a talent far superior than Alzarri...ever since I saw him in the Under-19 World Cup last year, I knew he had that x-factor.

The thing that I hate about our team management and coaches is that they continued to play Gabriel and Roach in every game. This I feel is a flawed approach.
With the number of pacers in the reserves, you'd want to give them some kind of game time...this is not Dwight Washington or Brandon Bess we are talking about here...Chemar, Seales, Philip, Smith, McSween, McCoy,etc....

Tom Flint

International Regular
Might have been for the best they didn't debut on that pitch. One of the worst pitches to bowl on days 4 and 5 I've ever seen. The last 2 days in there first test there was a half hour spell on day 5 that was swinging and that was about it