• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will there be a Cricket 2005?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Wow, that looks amazing, totally brilliant.. Lets hope they can sort out the AI side of things as well..
I'll end up getting them both ASAP to add to my collection, but I'm thinking BLIC will be better. Certainly the facts they've been releasing regularly about the game make it sound fairly complete.

I can't help thinking C2005 is a bit of a throw-together job? Hopefully they prove me wrong and we get a classy product.

Ming

State 12th Man
There doesn't seem to be a big change from EA Cricket 2004 to 2005. I'll buy the Ricky Ponting game too, looks better, and looks to have more features and those bats....outstanding!

cameeel

International Captain
July this year, does seem a bit quick for a game to be made, unless they;ve just revamped cricket 2004

Josh

International Regular
cameeel said:
July this year, does seem a bit quick for a game to be made, unless they;ve just revamped cricket 2004
I think it's been under wraps for quite some time and they've actually had it in development for longer than the initial screenshot & press release...

cameeel

International Captain
If thats the case it should be good, do they have the actual licenses for the bat brands like kookaburra etc instead of the bats with a generic stripe on them? Doesnt really matter as you can get a patch with the proper bats anyway

Link

State Vice-Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
I Just Want A Good Cricket Game!
i know, there not common or easy to find. you will have to buy both to have more chance, but expect dissapointment

Link

State Vice-Captain
cameeel said:
EA do make all the other games once a year so that cannot be the reason

cameeel

International Captain
True, FIFA never has problems being released yearly, but this is the first time there's been two ea cricket games in 2 years isnt it

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Link said:
EA do make all the other games once a year so that cannot be the reason
EA don't actually make the game though, it's been developed by a smaller company called HB Studios for 2004 and 2002, EA have just released and I think they've said in the past that it the development period is 18 months.

Link

State Vice-Captain
The Baconator said:
EA don't actually make the game though, it's been developed by a smaller company called HB Studios for 2004 and 2002, EA have just released and I think they've said in the past that it the development period is 18 months.
well in that case fair enough. But if games like fifa and tiger woods can comeout every year and precede the last, im sure they can do the same