• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Shane Warne ever make a Century for Australia

cameeel

International Captain
Whether or not he gets one, you certainly couldn't say he doesn't deserve one, hopefully it'll be in the boxing day test this year, so i may see it.

a massive zebra

International Captain
He should be more concerned with getting his bowling form back to the indisputable brilliance of 2005. So far this year its been woeful - averaging 62.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Getting back to the point at hand - I definitely think he has the talent to do it, but whether he has the patience to last an appropriate number of balls without taking a suicidal heave down the wicket is debatable. Bangladesh might provide him with a decent chance in the next series, but if he misses out there then I say no.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
When has Warne ever looked like scoring a century without at least 3 dropped catches and missed stumpings?
I can't see it being the remotest of possibilities - though he is undoubtedly taking his batting more seriously now than ever.
Still don't think he's taking it seriously enough, though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
a massive zebra said:
He should be more concerned with getting his bowling form back to the indisputable brilliance of 2005. So far this year its been woeful - averaging 62.
dont think thats a major worry, he has just played 2 tests & is currently in one..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
andyc said:
Seeing Shane Warne hit a 100 for Australia is quite possibly the thing I want to see the most in cricket, if anything because it'd be great to see him celebrate it. As stupid as it sounds, I daresay it'd be hard to make him retire without a century. When you see him bat, you get the feeling that if he'd applied himself as much to his batting as he had to his bowling, he could have an average a lot better than his current 16. And hey, if AA can get a century, surely Warnie can.

I think you are putting too much pressure on Warne by comparing him to AA. That's like comparing Alistair Cook to Bradman after one test.

Let Warne find his way in the game, before confronting the greatness that is AA.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
Let Warne find his way in the game, before confronting the greatness that is AA.
Excuse me for my ignorance but who is AA?

I hope that Warne does score a test century for Australia but the chances of it happening are very slim indeed.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
When you see him bat, you get the feeling that if he'd applied himself as much to his batting as he had to his bowling, he could have an average a lot better than his current 16.
Haha what? Every time I watch him bat, I just wonder "how does he friggin score runs?" Worst technique ever, but somehow, just through being the all conquering Shane Warne, he manages to score runs.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Perm said:
Excuse me for my ignorance but who is AA?

I hope that Warne does score a test century for Australia but the chances of it happening are very slim indeed.
Ajit Agarkar. He's a gimmick around here, what can I say, people love alliteration.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question - Will Shane Warne ever make a Century for Australia ?

Answer - Whenever a thread like this comes on, the question posed in the thread usually tends to happen !!:laugh:
This observation is made through following similar questions posed here in the past .

Therefore IMHO , it will happen very very soon ..... perhaps in the current series ..perhaps.:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ people talking about Warne's technique. It is definitely weird. The way he favours the leg side so much, and just walks all the way across his stumps, well it ain't exactly text book :p

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for that Robertinho.

Warne's technique works for him though, I mean quite often he has useful lower order contributions.

oz_fan

International Regular
I doubt that he could. If he did it would probably be something like 100 from 90 balls but he would really need to have a day out against a weak opposition.