• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will he do it?

Choora

State Regular
Waseem Missed the last 2 onedayers because of Injury and he would be fit by the WC.Even if Waseem plays just 4 matches and doesn't get 10 wkts, he will be around 498 or so and i have a pretty good feeling that PCB would ask Waseem to play 1-2 matches after the WC just 2 get to the 500 figure, and Waseem will surely go for it!

Last edited:

Choora

State Regular
Waseem Akram has changed his mind about retirement, initially he maintained that he will retire after WC, but just yesterday he said that if India plays with Pak after the WC, then he will play in that series!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Choora said:
Waseem Akram has changed his mind about retirement, initially he maintained that he will retire after WC, but just yesterday he said that if India plays with Pak after the WC, then he will play in that series!

heh He wouldn't want to miss that would he ? ;)

By and large its Diabetes that will pull him down in the final run, because honestly on form he has looked the best Pakistani bowler in the recent matches besides Waqar..

marc71178 said:
But will he? 10 wickets in 6 matches isn't the easiest, and there's the added complication that against the 2 real minnows in the group, they may rest him...

I don't think Akram will be the player who would be rested in those matches, instead it would be Akhter who would be made to play in selected games as he's injury prone.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fair point, but my thoughts are that they'll try and not tire him out now as he's reaching the end of his career and a sustained effort maybe a lot to ask!