• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will England ever win the Ashes without a culture of endemic racism?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Read the wiki article for black face if you're genuinely curious. Explains it pretty well
Thanks. That does help. It's always something that I had never bothered to look up before because racism is a ridiculously boring topic.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks. That does help. It's always something that I had never bothered to look up before because racism is a ridiculously boring topic.
Such a stephen thing to say. I don't think you're a bad bloke mate and I also don't think for a second that you're a racist........but I've often wondered if that link between your brain and mouth (or typing fingers) has been disconnected sometimes.

stephen

Such a stephen thing to say. I don't think you're a bad bloke mate and I also don't think for a second that you're a racist........but I've often wondered if that link between your brain and mouth (or typing fingers) has been disconnected sometimes.
Vacuuming is another boring topic too. Doesn't mean it's not important.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Vacuuming is another boring topic too. Doesn't mean it's not important.
Cleaning is extremely boring...no argument there (but in the scheme of what's the worlds biggest problems right now......not really that important tbh). But to say racism is boring.....do you not think that might be tad uncomfortable for the millions of people world wide that get vilified every day mate? Do you think they think the topic is "boring"

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Racism is boring when stuff like someone painting their face (in Aus, and I’m thinking more along the lines of the NicNat kid than the Hey Hey stupidity) is overblown by our bull**** media, while the moronic general population continues to vote in a party of actual racists to lead the country, a party that keeps children and families of other countries seeking asylum in detention indefinitely.

stephen

Cleaning is extremely boring...no argument there (but in the scheme of what's the worlds biggest problems right now......not really that important tbh). But to say racism is boring.....do you not think that might be tad uncomfortable for the millions of people world wide that get vilified every day mate? Do you think they think the topic is "boring"
I don't really care if people are uncomfortable if I say I don't find racism a particularly interesting topic. I don't particularly grieve for the 500 million in extreme poverty every day either.

It doesn't mean I don't think these are unimportant issues - they are. But I'm not exactly excited by them. They're not high on my priority list of things to research in depth, hence my ignorance about why blackface was considered racist. That's all I'm saying.

I don't really care if someone calls me names, and I don't think you were. My daughter all but called me racist the other day for referring to Aboriginal People as "Aborigines" (I was explaining how devastating European diseases were to the local population when the first fleet arrived).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait. Do you blokes do you own cleaning and vacuuming? WTF is wrong with you? Pay people to do it ffs. Your outlay is miles less than the cost of the time it takes you to do it personally.

If you can get the right cleaner in, it makes life so much easier. Of course, you need to keep an eye on them and make sure they aren't slackening off after the third or fourth visit. But once you settle on a good one, they're invaluable.

Burgey

Honestly, this is a startling revelation to me. Shows how out of touch some of you people are with the real world. Get a cleaner in ffs. You won't regret it.

Daemon

Wait. Do you blokes do you own cleaning and vacuuming? WTF is wrong with you? Pay people to do it ffs. Your outlay is miles less than the cost of the time it takes you to do it personally.

If you can get the right cleaner in, it makes life so much easier. Of course, you need to keep an eye on them and make sure they aren't slackening off after the third or fourth visit. But once you settle on a good one, they're invaluable.
I’ll pay you to log off