• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Darren Bravo Ever Play Another Test?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By all means, still one of the top 15 batsmen in the world.

Will that be enough to save his test career? If the current squabble with the WICB isn't resolved quickly (bunch of **** administrators ****s.... ahem), what is the probability of him being picked again? Can he emigrate to New Zealand or summat? Or will he follow Gayle & Co. to the T20 circuit?

I would almost rather see him don a suit and tie and work for a bank than be in the same boat as Kieron Pollard. Thought he would be a great batsmen to watch for many years to come :(

Burner

International Regular
He's not going to make it in the t20 circuit though. He's not a power power like Pollard. He's a proper test cricketer. His contract with the WICB pays more than the IPL contract. He's just being stupid imo. He made a mistake before, now he has a chance to make amends but instead he is burning all sorts of bridges.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes he will, he will have to go back to play First class cricket, and hope he performs well enough to get selected into the team.

I like him as a player though...really want him to be back in the team.

Niall

International Coach
He's not going to make it in the t20 circuit though. He's not a power power like Pollard. He's a proper test cricketer. His contract with the WICB pays more than the IPL contract. He's just being stupid imo. He made a mistake before, now he has a chance to make amends but instead he is burning all sorts of bridges.

He would be better looking for a long term country contract tbh. He is warming the bench for KKR and its doubtful that he will be in high demand in the other leagues.

SillyCowCorner1

He will not make it in the IPL. He's one dimensional. Most of the players from WI are allrounders, heck even Sunil Narine turning out to be a good AR in this Ipl.

KKR only used bravo, because they had to rest coulter-nile and also they were leading the standings.

TheJediBrah

He's definitely not a T20 star right now, and clearly more of a Test player, but there's no reason he couldn't adapt his game and rapidly become T20 star, if he really shifted his focus (if he were forced to).

Slifer

International Captain
What a waste. Now we all agree that the wicb is the most incompetent board in existence but Bravo obviously has his own demons.

Burner

International Regular
He's definitely not a T20 star right now, and clearly more of a Test player, but there's no reason he couldn't adapt his game and rapidly become T20 star, if he really shifted his focus (if he were forced to).
I guess he could. Now that I think about it, it's not like IPL, BBL are the only t20 leagues around nowadays anyway. I don't think he's going to get a place on either of those two but he could still make a living playing all the other t20 leagues that are dime a dozen now. I am bit biased here. WI test team can put him to more use than any t20 league can. You put him into the side and they look a lot more respectable as a batting unit.