• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wicketkeeper for 1986-2006 World XI

Wicketkeeper for 1986-2006 World XI

• Mark Boucher

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Andy Flower

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • Ian Healy

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Ridley Jacobs

• Geraint Jones

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Rashid Latif

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Adam Parore

• ‘Jack’ Russell

• Kumar Sangakkara

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Ian Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alec Stewart

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beleg

International Regular
so you admit that flower is a better batsman then gilchrist but you like gilchrist more? :D

Matt79

Global Moderator
no I think Gilchrist is a better batsman and I like him more. But I still really rate Flower, so its hard to talk him down.

I think Gilchrist's record speaks for itself, and it looks like a sizable majority of voters feel the same.

I can have my cake and eat it too, dammit! :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The problem with arguing that you believe one player is better than another, yet believing them both to be all-time greats (and being fans of both as well) is you end up being forced to denigrate the player you are arguing against which leads to these sort of discussions turning silly. Not saying Gilly vs Flower is/will end up that way, but I understand where Matt79 is coming from, with his reluictance to put flower down.. We see it so often in Lara/Sachin, Lillee/Marshall, Imran/Botham and of course Murali/Warne. Its almost like you can't end up liking both, you have to take sides.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Jono said:
The problem with arguing that you believe one player is better than another, yet believing them both to be all-time greats (and being fans of both as well) is you end up being forced to denigrate the player you are arguing against which leads to these sort of discussions turning silly. Not saying Gilly vs Flower is/will end up that way, but I understand where Matt79 is coming from, with his reluictance to put flower down.. We see it so often in Lara/Sachin, Lillee/Marshall, Imran/Botham and of course Murali/Warne. Its almost like you can't end up liking both, you have to take sides.
I like both and think they're miles ahead of the rest.......I do still want to know how come Jones has 4 votes and therefore is rated as good as Healy though :@

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, probably joke votes. I mean look at Gerain'ts face.

One thing regarding Flower vs. Gilly, they're both admirable people. Terrific ambassadors of the game.

aussie tragic

International Captain
bagapath said:
this poll looks as clear as you can hope one to be. we will not need a second poll if gilly wins by the huge lead he has been maintaining so far. he is the right choice in my opinion too.

Catch up Baga, we dumped the preliminary Poll format (# 4 is the last one) as it didn't make any difference to the overall result 8-)

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Voted for Andy Flower, Couldve made it in any team, and averaging 53 for a side like Zimbabwe is quite fantastic.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
I went with Boucher, because only he and Ian Smith (whoever that is) were on a duck. Gilly wins, of course. Flower second on batting, Russell second on style.