• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Jamie Cox???

Langeveldt

Soutie
Why are Somerset persisting with Jamie Cox?
He had a distinctly average 2002. Averaged something like 32 with the bat, doesnt bowl, and had his side get relegated in both competitions.
Wouldnt it be better to get someone who might be away for test matches, but when he is there, is a huge presence, and actually brings in gate reciepts, because he is such a superstar.
I like the sound of a Jacques Kallis or a Herschelle Gibbs who are both in awesome form. And playing in England is very attractive at the moment because of the strong pound and the chance to flay some bowling around.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well, he seems to have found some form for Tasmania over the winter, so let's hope he carries it into the start of the season.

Originally posted by Langeveldt I like the sound of a Jacques Kallis or a Herschelle Gibbs who are both in awesome form. And playing in England is very attractive at the moment because of the strong pound and the chance to flay some bowling around.
That's you SA obsession speaking! But I suppose you coud be right. Well. Cox is leaving at the end of next season, so maybe.....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Jamie Cox is a champ, and a top cricketer, he usually averages about 50 in county (42 in aust) and always seems to score a few and he is good under pressure

Ponting and tendulkar dont play county cause they dont ant to, if they did they would be snapped up in no time at all

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually, if I were a Somerset fan, I'd be disappointed by his efforts over the last 4 years - very inconsistent...

For an overseas batsman, 2 of those seasons are poor.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
Jamie Cox is a champ, and a top cricketer, he usually averages about 50 in county (42 in aust) and always seems to score a few and he is good under pressure

Ponting and tendulkar dont play county cause they dont ant to, if they did they would be snapped up in no time at all
Sachin had a rather ordinary season with Yorkshire I seem to rememer...