• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why isn't Taufeeq in the one day squad and why is afridi in the one day squad

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Taufeeq Umar is a much better batsman then Farhat and Afridi.Why the hell isnt he in the one day squad.
PS Pakistan A beat India:lol:

tooextracool

International Coach
and once again we find out how pathetic this indian bowling attack really is...once again nearly 350 runs against them

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Well, partly because the PCB is not psychic, our openers have been playing fairly well recently and Shahid Afridi can bowl a bit.

Bouncer

State Regular
imranrabb said:
Taufeeq Umar is a much better batsman then Farhat and Afridi.Why the hell isnt he in the one day squad.
PS Pakistan A beat India:lol:
Coz PCB wants indians to stay and play for full 40 days, they dont want them to run away after coupl of games if they play al of their l talented players.:lol: :lol:

BTW does anybody think that Ganguly and john right are going to get proper sleep tonight.:rolleyes:

OZOZ

Cricket Spectator
Mingster said:
Irfan Pathan has to be the most overrated bowler around today.

It wouldn't be fair to say that, the kid has hardly played enough test cricket, i haven't heard anyone praising him highly, then how can we call him overrated.

Mingster said:
Irfan Pathan has to be the most overrated bowler around today.

What??? Just because Patahn went for runs in a stupid totally unimportant practice match he becomes overrated.

Pathan gave Australia one hell of a time in the recent series, he's one of the most talented and promissing upcomming pacer in the world. To write someone off as mediocre on the basis of his performance in a stupid practice game is highly unfair.

Mingster

State Regular
OZOZ said:
It wouldn't be fair to say that, the kid has hardly played enough test cricket, i haven't heard anyone praising him highly, then how can we call him overrated.
yes many rate him highly. Just like the poster before you.

His record is hardly great.

Beleg

International Regular
True, yesterday's match was an unimportant side game but that doesn't offer any excuse for a new and upcoming lad to underperform.
From what I saw of Pathan yesterday, he looked ordinary. Certainly better then Balaji, but nowhere near as mature and good as Zaheer.
Playing on the dusty, dead pitches of Pakistan is a different ball game then playing in Australia, and I fear that the young duo of Balaji and Pathan will sturggle to adjust; but only when they have successfully attuned themselves to the playing condition can we see their true potential.
Zaheer is different. Sure he looked tardy and out of practise yesterday, but I feel that he is the only real major threat for Pakistan apart from Kumble.

The English curator allready promised a run-fest for Karachi, let's see how the whole affair fares....