• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why aren't Counties signing S Africans as overseas players?

brockley

International Captain
1 could theorize Counties are going to sign a lot of Saffies on Kolpak contracts.
Players in the last 12 months linked to these rumours are Amla.Morkel,Kuhn and Phillander.
Is their a big Saffie tour in the Winter.
Seems odd.
2 years suggested for Brexitt.
I guess ppl are waiting on W Cup hopes or Global Corp T20 happening for players.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Can see Kuhn taking a Kolpak; was battling to even get regular game time for Titans this season.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh he has been targetted.
Their is also a pay crisis looming between the players and administrators this year.
Couldn't be worse timing,frankly.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, with the potential political situation re land redistribution, I wouldn't be surprised if a few fringe internationals were putting some feelers out in the County system.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, with the potential political situation re land redistribution, I wouldn't be surprised if a few fringe internationals were putting some feelers out in the County system.
This will not directly affect any cricketer... even those with families that own farms. We are not Zim, with a despotic leader brought to power through the military. Land redistribution in SA is a different thing altogether. Quotas for those that are 50/50 picks or later in cricketing career, money and crime are the things that, given opportunity, may drive cricketers and most just about everybody else thinking of leaving, out of SA. Much like it will have been doing for the last 10 years.