• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you pick first

Which player would you select first??

• Michael Clarke

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Ricky Ponting

• Shane Warne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glenn McGrath

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Harbhajan Singh

• Irfan Pathan

• Sean Pollock

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Graeme Smith

• Danish Kaneria

• Kevin Pietersen

• Brian Lara

• Muttiah Murilitharan

• Kumar Sangakarra

• other (please specify)

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
I would say Irfan Khan Pathan because the bloke is already a world class pacer and is likely to go improve further, wherase other top pacers are probably going to go down the hill sooner than later.

For his age Pathan has shown remarkable maturity,skill & temperament.He is a wonderful thinker and a complete team man.Some pundits have compared him to Wasem Akram, but i think Akram at such a young age wasn't quite mature.

I think in WC '07 Irfan Khan Pathan will be the top bowler of the world.

cbuts

International Debutant
he is a very good, promising bowler. but i wouldnt put him in the world class bracket yet

ReallyCrazy

Banned
If I'm picking a test team, the first guy I'd pick is Glenn McGrath and then Rahul Dravid.

And for this poll, IMO its Michael Clarke...certainly the guy to look out for in the future.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i said mcgrath. suprised that flintoff wasnt there. i wouldn't have picked him, but i would have thought that an all-rounder would have been a prime candidate to set your team up around with a hypothetical first pick.

Bookie

U19 12th Man
May I inquire as to who Sean Pollock is?

By the way, why is Danish Kaneria there and not Dravid?