• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Will Win The Ashes

WHO WILL WIN THE ASHES?

• AUSTRALIA

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • ENGLAND

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • SERIES DRAW

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
could be a wash tbh
Why? I mean, even in the dark days of the 90s, and against the wonderful sides of the early 00s they couldn't manage it.

I think it'll be fairly close with the Aussies edging it.

luffy

International Captain
I dont think it will be an easy win for Either team. Some people may say England arent performing but look at the ICC Rankings!! 2nd

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
I think some big players may be thinking of retiring for Australia and they will want to go out with a bang. They are furious over the loss of the Ashes and desperately want back what they had for so long. Ponting as a captain will want revenge too. Plus I heard theyre all training in the outback with no radio tv phones etc. and they've had a long time of compared with England (the opposite situation to last time when England had it easy against Bangladesh).
The ruthless Aussies of old may just return for one series.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Run like Inzy said:
I think some big players may be thinking of retiring for Australia and they will want to go out with a bang. They are furious over the loss of the Ashes and desperately want back what they had for so long. Ponting as a captain will want revenge too. Plus I heard theyre all training in the outback with no radio tv phones etc. and they've had a long time of compared with England (the opposite situation to last time when England had it easy against Bangladesh).
The ruthless Aussies of old may just return for one series.
Hussey brothers are better than your some big players

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Winstons not holding up two fingers for nowt.

I'm worried about my ridiculously jingoistic,optimistic feel for this series, its really not like me:(

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Brisbane: Australia
Perth: Draw
Adelaide: Draw
MCG: Ausralia
SCG: England

Australia 2-1.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
3-1 Australia. Been saying it for a couple of years, and I've seen no reason to change my mind.
Weren't you saying that before the last series, too? I know I was. Think I will say it again...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Simply put, England aren't good enough.

Australia 3-1 unless Mcgrath and Warne both miss large chunks of the series due to injury and/or the weather plays spoilsport.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Weren't you saying that before the last series, too? I know I was. Think I will say it again...
Yeah. I'm hoping if I stick to my guns it will actually happen this time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Stick to your guns, what's right for you ain't right for everyone (it ain't right for everyoooone)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
superkingdave said:
4-0 Australia for mine, just can't see us being good enough
4-0?? Come on SKD as someone already said, even in our dark days we always managed to win a Test at least.