• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be victim 600?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
King_Ponting said:
pietersen, would be ironic if that did happen after warne named him umber 600 before the series
Why would it be ironic? It would be quite the opposite, wouldn't it...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If the openers survive the new ball I'd say Strauss would be warm-ish favourite, but if Oz picks up an early wicket I'd go with Bell. It's probably his fresh-faced looks, but at times it really does look like a schoolboy facing the masters! He seems a little in awe of Warne (which is understandable, but something he needs to get over), nodding his appreciation more than once at particularly big turning leggies.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
tough call between Strauss and Bell - whoever gets the honour will join Warnes Elite collection of Mile stone scalps , and If I am not mistaken no less a person than Michael Atherton contributed to this Warnes Milestone scalp Elite Club twice . :laugh: :laugh:

So they will be in illustrious company !! :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
If the openers survive the new ball I'd say Strauss would be warm-ish favourite, but if Oz picks up an early wicket I'd go with Bell. It's probably his fresh-faced looks, but at times it really does look like a schoolboy facing the masters! He seems a little in awe of Warne (which is understandable, but something he needs to get over), nodding his appreciation more than once at particularly big turning leggies.
Agreed.

The right mindset is to treat him as a good bowler and play as each ball comes, not as 'Shane Warne the greatest spinner ever' etc.

In saying that it is probably easier then done.

Steulen

International Regular
Pedro Delgado said:
KP was just on, Warne texted him last night and is still calling him "600", so you may be right.
Highly unlikely. I can't see the other bowlers taking 3 wickets before Warne gets his first.

twctopcat

International Regular
If he is so hell bent on KP being 600, then he should get his man when the score is around 400-3 as the seamers sure as hell aren't gonna get out the top 4!!! No serious implications meant.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, Shane Warne certainly thinks his 600th victim will be Andrew Strauss. From the mouth of the man himself, "Strauss is the new Darryl Cullinan."

twctopcat

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
Well, Shane Warne certainly thinks his 600th victim will be Andrew Strauss. From the mouth of the man himself, "Strauss is the new Darryl Cullinan."
S**t thats harsh, Strauss has got to put some big effort in at OT.