• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be ranked as the number 1 batsman and bowler in the world this time in 2006?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
so who will it be ? will dravid keep in this position or will he decline and be overtaken by the likes of kallis and lara? i personally hope that this number one spot is regained by the little master sachin himself as he is looking like he can regain his past form. although who knows, maybe if strauss has a good ashes series then he will be puching his way up the rankings?

as for bowlers i would predict that they will be topped by either, mcgrath, warne or murali unless harmison recaptures his form and has a good ashes and a good winter tour.

so what are your opinions and predictions who will be top of the ICC batsman and bowler rankings this time next year, today being the 28th of april.

mofo123

U19 12th Man
seriously?
then i say
murilitharan and inzamam(coz i reckon he will have an AWESOME windies tour and a gr8 england match up) OR ponting

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dravid is not no.1 today so he does not have the position to lose.

No. 1 bowler will be McGrath and batsman will be Ponting after both feast on the English.

n.b. I am not saying that Ponting is the best batsman only that the rankings will have him on top.

a massive zebra

International Captain
tooextracool said:
KP and IKP! :p
No.

Pathan = The most overrated bowler in the world, possibly barring Sami.
KP = He may set the world on fire but they don't give you a full rating until you've played 40 innings.

mofo123

U19 12th Man
a massive zebra said:
No.

KP = He may set the world on fire but they don't give you a full rating until you've played 40 innings.
y does every1 bear down on sami!! honestly he is the unluckiest bowler i knw, for one im sure u havent watched him play, as much as i have...he has his bad moments but for the most part he is a very good bowler...unfortunately his record doesnt reflect that, but he is a good bowler just that he hasnt developed his intellect around cricket to pick up wickets

tooextracool

International Coach
a massive zebra said:
No.

umm i was joking.
i dont rate pathan at all. and while im not going to dismiss pieterson, id be extremely surprised if he ended up anywhere near the best batsman in the world by next year.

masterblaster

International Captain
Rahul Dravid and Glenn McGrath for me, although I'd love to see Sachin Tendulkar claim top spot once more.

Who knows, it could be Ponting and McGrath as well, or Ponting and Murali.....

As long as it's an Indian in batting :cool: