• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be England's 677th Test player?

Firebreaker

Banned
Everybody knows about the letter which would be presented to 677th player by NB but who's it going to be? I think it might be Ben Foakes even though he has no place in Test side right now but few blunders from Bairstow might open a spot for him

cpr

International Coach
Jesus no, I'm struggling still with the notion that he's actually doing alright for us this year, just one of those players I've never warmed to (see Proctor for another example)

Livingstone keeps on getting talked up a fair bit however.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What's the deal with the letter? I fit within the everyone group and I don't know about this.

I'll go Mark Footitt, probably now or never for him.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jesus no, I'm struggling still with the notion that he's actually doing alright for us this year, just one of those players I've never warmed to (see Proctor for another example)

Livingstone keeps on getting talked up a fair bit however.
I'm working on the basis Stokes will come back from the IPL broken

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Probably Liam Livingston as Sam Northeast is evidently not ''future proofed'' enough for the ECB's discerning tastes; the guy makes runs for breakfast, lunch and tea and has been doing it for about three or four years now. One of the Currans or Overtons might get a shout if Anderson, Broad and/or Wood break down, which is highly possible. Knowing the ECB selectors though they'll probably not give anyone a cap and just give Ballance and Finn another international run.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably Liam Livingston as Sam Northeast is evidently not ''future proofed'' enough for the ECB's discerning tastes; the guy makes runs for breakfast, lunch and tea and has been doing it for about three or four years now. One of the Currans or Overtons might get a shout if Anderson, Broad and/or Wood break down, which is highly possible. Knowing the ECB selectors though they'll probably not give anyone a cap and just give Ballance and Finn another international run.
Wow, the ECB's persecution of all things North East really does know no bounds does it.

Last edited:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Whoever it is, they'll have to forget what they've done before. Because this England team has taken wickets, scored runs and taken catches. They'll have to out run, out bowl and out work the current English players.

Because one thing's for sure.

Greatness isn't given.

Firebreaker

Banned
Northeast is unlikely to get a cap maybe because he scores in 2nd division.He's basically like Hildreth who never got a chance for England despite piling up runs for ages

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Northeast is unlikely to get a cap maybe because he scores in 2nd division.He's basically like Hildreth who never got a chance for England despite piling up runs for ages
Hildreth has played a lot of his career in division one though.

Peter Trego. There is another player who got shafted.

Shady Slim

International Coach
steve smith, who changes the allegiance immediately due to a loophole in the lack of contract resulting from the pay disputes