• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who was an ATG FC cricketer

aussie tragic

International Captain
I only just realised that if you take out Test cricket records, you may see a completely different cricketer.

Examples:

Mark Waugh scored 18,826 runs @ 58.10 if you ignore his test record of 8,029 runs @ 41.81

Richie Benaud would walk into Australia's current side as a batsman given his FC batting average of 41.20 excluding Tests

Keith Miller scored 11,225 runs @ 53.45 and took 327 wkts @ 21.96 outside of Test cricket, surely the greatest FC allrounder ever?

Who else?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chris Harris is a bit of a surprising one. Outside of tests, he scored 6601 runs @ 51.57 and took 144 wickets @ 31.60. Complete flop at test level (777 runs @ 20.44, 16 wickets @ 73).

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still find it odd Harris averaged so much more than Fleming, Astle and McMillan at domestic level.
His batting style looked uncoordinated and ungainly

Slifer

International Captain
Sobers : 20282 runs @ 53.8
808 wkts @ 25.91

I'd give Miller the edge but Sobers was close. Plus Sobers did play Sheffield Shied for 3 seasons and became the first cricketer to take 50 wkts and score 1000 runs in a season ( I believe he did it twice).

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vijay Merchant and George Headley would also average north of 70 without their test record

But yeah I assume Woodfull and Ponsford faced tougher bowlers

Burgey

Greg Matthews FC figures absent his test numbers would be interesting. Think his batting might drop a couple of points but his bowling average would be so good he'd be an absolute gun al rounder. Bloke was always tehre or thereabouts as one of the best bowlers at Shield level but really never replicated at test level.

Very handy batsman though, Good enough to play as a batsman alone, back when 40 made you a very, very good player.

Dendarii

International Debutant
JP Duminy

Tests: 2103 runs at 32.85
First-class: 4671 runs at 56.28

His bowling is worse at first-class though

aussie tragic

International Captain
That man Bradman also had a pretty good FC record, 21,071 runs @ 93.65, but he obviously stepped it up for Tests :)

Burgey

I think you will find that Mike Procter would have had a better record than Bradman in tests, had he been given the opportunity.