• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who says solanki wasnt good enough???

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why do hardly any good bowlers struggle with left-right combinations, then?
If that were the case every single one would struggle with every single left-right partnership thbat they bowled at.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nobody's saying they struggle - it'd be a lot easier for them were left handers non-existent, mind...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Presumably it'd be a lot easier for everyone if everyone was right-handed in everything.
There must have been some reason for the old 1890s thing about trying to suppress left-handedness, other than it being incarnate of the devil or something.
Interesting that there were still left-handers and left-armers then, despite all this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i think that theory has gone out of the window.

and hopefully his performance will mean that rob key will be sacked permanently. the next one to go must be gough he is unfit and fails to take wickets , james anderson must emerge now as his replacement on a regular basis.
Eventually.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Missed opportunity for Rikki Clarke promotion tbh. Definitely deserved to boot Flintoff in 2004, in all formats.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably because it's yet another thing that dismisses conventional wisdom.
God this sounds exactly like something Miyagi would say.
Can we really be sure these 2 aren't the same person?

I believe the forum needs a pretentious knob lacking self awareness from time to time just so we can **** with them before they inevitably crash out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Knew this was Sledger as soon as I saw the thread title but I’m a bit gutted it wasn’t a new thread he’d decided to start.

TheJediBrah

God this sounds exactly like something Miyagi would say.
Can we really be sure these 2 aren't the same person?

I believe the forum needs a pretentious knob lacking self awareness from time to time just so we can **** with them before they inevitably crash out.
I never saw him post but I don't think Richard was nearly as bad. Seemed a lot more polite too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I never saw him post but I don't think Richard was nearly as bad. Seemed a lot more polite too.
You could call him a lot of things - annoying, pig headed, officious, one eyed, impossible....but he had a good heart and generally meant well. You wouldn't call him a **** for instance, and have it be true.

trundler

You could call him a lot of things - annoying, pig headed, officious, one eyed, impossible....but he had a good heart and generally meant well. You wouldn't call him a **** for instance, and have it be true.
Stockholm Syndrome

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You know, from an Australian perspective, I support dropping Flintoff in 2004. It makes perfect sense to me.