• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your favourite cricketer?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Andy Flower - Amazing against spin, keeps scoring runs and big innings in ODIs FINALLY!
Heath Streak - His countries best bowler and even manages to score regularly with the bat, amazing outfielder
Brian Lara - The Guy's a Genious
Marcus Trescothick - Makes batting look so easy and scores damn fast too
Phil Tufnell - Ya gotta love him, hes totally mad and also a fellow SLA bowler...if way better than I ever will be!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hayden seems to score at will against everyone all over the world...but he really struggled in England, he was good as an overseas player for Northants but strangely Hussey who is thought of as inferior to Hayden can't stop scoring over here and seems to be doing a better job, so maybe Hayden hasn't got England cracked?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
My favourite players from all the major teams:

India - Sachin Tendulkar(no need to elaborate), Rahul Dravid(fighter to the core, exceptional technique)
SA - Jacques Kallis(immense value as batsman and bowler), Shaun Pollock(their only truly world class bowler)
NZ - Nathan Astle(one of the best batsmen of the modern era), Chris Cairns(genuine all-rounder, explosive in batting and a good bowler in helpful conditions)
SL - Muthiah Muralitharan(vying for the title of the greatest ever), Aravinda DeSilva(easily the best batsman SL has ever produced)
WI - Carl Hooper(a lot of wasted talent, very elegant and exceptional against spin), Brian Lara(genius, albeit a little flawed)
Aus - Matt Hayden(has come of age, exceptional against pace and spin), Glenn McGrath(accurate, penetrative, one of the best fast bowlers of all time)
Eng - Marcus Trescothick(has the talent and attitude to end up as an all-time great)
Zim - Andy Flower(one man army, plays great under extreme pressure, wonderful player of both pace and spin)
Pak - Waqar Younis(great fast bowler), Wasim Akram(greatest left arm pacer ever)

[Edited on 10/1/2002 by anilramavarma]

[Edited on 10/1/2002 by anilramavarma]

KaR

Cricket Spectator
KaR , signifies success

My favourites are:

GavasKAR
TendulKAR
VeingsarKAR
PrabharKAR
WadeKAR

Indeed, Kar signifies success:)

henochschon

Cricket Spectator
IT sure does!

Originally posted by KaR

My favourites are:

GavasKAR
TendulKAR
VeingsarKAR
PrabharKAR
WadeKAR

Indeed, Kar signifies success:)

You forgot Ajit AgarKAR, in this case , it signifies Failure:P

Langeveldt

Soutie
All time Favourite Player

Apologies to the mods if there was already a thread like this before I joined!

Who is your all time favourite player? You can only post one name! and an explanation if one is needed...

My vote goes to
Allan Anthony Donald

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmm.......

Ramnaresh Sarwan

He's just such a great player to watch, whether in defence or playing strokes- very classy.