• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the greatest test spinner of all time?

Who is the greatest test spinner of all time?

• Derek Underwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hugh Tayfield

• Anil Kumble

• Hedley Verity

• Jim Laker

• Total voters

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The Warne Vs Murali debate will continue until hell freezes over, but the fast leg-breaks bowled by Bill O’Reilly have to be a more effective method of delivery overall than something slow and loopy that an expert batsman can get down the track to and belt for 4.

The likes of Neil Harvey or Peter May would throttle both Warne and Murali, just like VVS and Tendulkar did on a good day.
Shewag and Sidhu were class above them. Still got the ball with their names on it, Tendulkar and VVS never mastered Murali as Sehwag or Sidhu did.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Chandrasekhar is not quite top-shelf, but certainly very close and great to watch. Probably bowled at a similar pace to O’Reilly if this video is anything to go by….

O'Reiely, Verity, Underwood, Sahabandu, Jasubai Patel, Chandra, Warnaweera, Kumble, Dharmasena, Tuffnel are the ones to bowl quick wrist spin or finger spin as I recall. They are a very rare breed and always thave those physical attributes to trouble batsmen.

the big bambino

International Captain
Once again further reducing the collective IQ.

For your pea brain to process one fact at a time, and to avoid embarrassment

- India, WI, Aus are not minnows.
- Australia, India and West Indies have no home advantage for Murali and India and West indies have no home advantages for Warne.
- Still Warne has crap figures against India in India, against india in Australia (with rampaging McGrath bowling at other end), and in West indies.
- Murali ahs crap figures in India and Australia
- 2<3
- There are no minnows involved here

unless it is a stupidest of a tree, would not go on about minnows on this argument.
Zimbabwe and BD are minnows.

It's easier bowling spin in SL than Australia; dumb ass.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Zimbabwe and BD are minnows.

It's easier bowling spin in SL than Australia; dumb ass.
Who mentioned BD and ZIm you moron? Wan't it you who said home is always "advantageous" when discussing Imran's and Wasim's records?

here goes the new standards

Australia is difficult to bowl spin - no home advantage
Pakistan is difficult to bowl pace - home advantage plus

this is an extension to the Schrodinger's pitch when discussing Murali and Sanga.
what a joke.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Who mentioned BD and ZIm you moron? Wan't it you who said home is always "advantageous" when discussing Imran's and Wasim's records?

this is an extension to the Schrodinger's pitch when discussing Murali and Sanga.
what a joke.
Yo that would be a hell of a bar for warne.

"You may be bowling on Schrodinger's pitch but I'll still leave you in a ditch. Your action round arm, but I've got the charm. I'm banging models, only time you bang is when you bowl against some teensgers, stay away from those lads -esh."

How do you think murali would respond to this in the rap battle.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How do you think murali would respond to this in the rap battle.
Well I am the one and only
The legend Murali
Don't need flippers, shooters,
Or even goog-a-lies
Spin and drift and dip
Are my claims to fame
My balls have more rotations
Than Chaminda's full name
Eight hundred times
I've owned the noobs
A reputation larger
Than Ranatunga's boobs
Fifteen degrees?
Who gives a ****
Bowling with ease,
And I'll never be hit
But one thing I hate
About being Sri Lankan
Is Migara's posting
It's worse than Nanking

the big bambino

International Captain

what a joke.
I did you dick head. When I mentioned minnows. You just didn’t understand; dumb ass. When you account for that practically all of murali’s advantage in average disappears.

If Warne had Muralis home conditions then his average would drop by around 6 runs for half his games. Whereas if Murali had to cope with Australian conditions his average would rise stratospherically. Let’s be generous and say he’d be a 40 ave bowler here. And that’s presuming he’d even make it out of club cricket. Further assuming they didn’t kick him and his bent arm to the kerb.

Murali has had every advantage and can only shade Warne in average. He’s just not as good.

you know I don’t think I’ve mentioned imran or Akram but I will say both were more to be feared than Murali.

I don’t care if an argument can be made for or against them based on their home ground. Not the issue.

But it sure can here and it exposes your guy’s record as an over praised fraud. Back in your box. That’s the reality you have to deal with, Schrödinger.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some of the arguments in this thread on both sides are absolutely terrible. I think Warne was marginally better but some of the pro-Warne arguments early in the thread (not talking about big bambino) were so ridiculously deck-stacked that it almost made me want to defend Murali in reply... until Migara arrived.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of the arguments in this thread on both sides are absolutely terrible. I think Warne was marginally better but some of the pro-Warne arguments early in the thread (not talking about big bambino) were so ridiculously deck-stacked that it almost made me want to defend Murali in reply... until Migara arrived.
Nah he's only been responding in kind. Mass halba-tier posting overhyping Warne in this thread. Just unintelligent low quality drivel.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah he's only been responding in kind. Mass halba-tier posting overhyping Warne in this thread. Just unintelligent low quality drivel.
Yeah that's what I was referring to originally. Migara has almost matched him in the end though.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yo I'm Bill O'Reilly but they call me 'Tiger'
I don't need PEDs and I didn't chuck it either
Don't need recency bias or TV cov'rage
Ain't nobody can match my standardised average.
You can bully Bangladesh or clean bowl Gatting
I actually had opponents who weren't crap at batting
Used to bowl Bradman in the nets like it weren't no drama
Taking wickets is child's play and I'm the Dallai Llama.
If you didn't vote for me then you're kinda macabre
'cos you're either agreeing with Halba
or you've joined Team Migara