• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best upcoming player?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'd say Pietersen was established.. When you're being compared to Viv Richards, thats a sign you are no longer a n00b..

1. Hussey
2. de Villiers
3. Bell
4. Asif
5. Cook

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
I'd say Pietersen was established.. When you're being compared to Viv Richards, thats a sign you are no longer a n00b..
Pietersen is good, but who exactly compared him to Viv Richards?

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
can't remember whom, but I've heard a number of commentators discussing it.. maybe it was just the technique rather than the returns..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
silentstriker said:
Holding did, actually, but only in the sense that Sir Viv used to sometimes chuck his wicket away when past the ton becuase it was all too easy for him, much like KP seems to. Sir Viv's test best still 137 more than KP's tho, as I think Gower pointed out.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
can't remember whom, but I've heard a number of commentators discussing it.. maybe it was just the technique rather than the returns..
Actually, Cricinfo did a piece on Pietersen a couple of months back and compared the two's stats at the corresponding stage of Richards' career - they were almost identical, in both Tests and ODIs. Pietersen actually came out as the marginally superior ODI player, statistically speaking, while IVA came out the marginally superior in Tests. Interesting and surprising stuff.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'd hardly call Hussey up and coming, he's been around on the First Class circuit for a good 12 years, and scored bucket loads of runs there.

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
there are aspects of his play which are reminicent of King Vivs, but also the way he tries to assert himself very early on , and just his general swagger and attitude

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:

1. Hussey
2. de Villiers
3. Bell
4. Asif
5. Cook
de Villiers has played 4 more tests than KP!!!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Swervy said:
de Villiers has played 4 more tests than KP!!!!
And? He still isn't a must-pick for the SA first XI. Pietersen is a certain starter for England. Hence, established. Worth noting that Neil McKenzie has played 23 more Tests than Pietersen. For that matter, Ramprakash has played 34 more.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In what way is Hussey up-and-coming (or upcoming)?

1. Ian Bell
2. Alastair Cook
3. Monty Panesar
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Fidel Edwards
6. Jerome Taylor
7. Mohammad Asif
8. Umar Gul
9. Shahriar Nafees
10. Prosper Utseya

The first 10 to come to mind. No particular order.