• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best left handed batsman in the world?

Who is the best left handed batsman (tests)?

• Total voters

Slifer

International Captain
My team:

Hayden
Smith*
Sanga
Lara
Pollock
Sobers
Gilchrist +
Jadeja/Underwood
Davidson
Akram
Reid (Bruce)

If Underwood is preferred, he comes in at 10 and everyone else moves up.

Slifer

International Captain
No AB in that side is a travesty ffs
Oh right I'm sorry. The only way to possibly get him in (imo) is to drop Sanga,move Lara up to 3, keep Pollock at 4 put Border in at 5. Lara and Sobers imo, are not debatable.

Flem274*

123/5
im all for letting in these 2 test champions like pollock and barry richards as long as we acknowledge jack cowie as the goat. pews sim thing named him as such before pews simped for convention and changed his stats to hide the truth #neverforget #fightthepower #justiceforjack

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pollock is a tricky one, he was probably a better batsman imo but hard to ignore Border's body of work.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm in speed reading mode so might have missed it, but David Gower doesn't seem to have been mentioned. He's obviously not the greatest currently or of all time, but superior to one or two mentioned in this thread.

cnerd123

likes this

This series, 4th unofficial Test

Peter Kirsten scored a ton of runs this series too, but IDK if there is footage anywhere. Also not left handed, so perhaps a topic for another thread.