• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best left handed batsman in the world?

Who is the best left handed batsman (tests)?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very close for a spot between Hayden & Fat Gray.

Bloke I used to love watching was Roy Fredericks. Doesn’t really belong in this discussion but played an ATG lefty knock in 75/76 at the WACA

Lack of reference to ganguly in here is a rare outbreak of common sense from the usual suspects too. Just waiting for Migara to say Ranatunga also just makes it because of his great fielding.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Graham Thorpe. Did very well in a dark era for English cricket - esp in Ashes. Eons better than the overrated Atherton or Hussain

Flem274*

123/5
It's definitely Conway, he'll be ruining the experiences of Test bowlers for years.

i think this was the moment i went from parochial ambivalence towards a wellington cricketer to becoming a fan. i really want the dude to succeed just so we can meme this forever.

and tbf he's a bloody good batsman. would slot him in the moment ross goes.

Gob

International Coach
Currently probably Warner but he's far from being a great batsman. Top ten of all time (in no particular order):

Sobers
Lara
Pollock
Border
Chanders
Sanga
Flower
Hussey
Gilchrist
Hayden (?)
Xi out of it

Smith
Hayden
Sangakkara
Pollock
Lara
Sobers
Gilchrist
Davidson
Akram
Johnson
Tyfield

Amazing batting but bowling falls a bit short

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Xi out of it

Smith
Hayden
Sangakkara
Pollock
Lara
Sobers
Gilchrist
Davidson
Akram
Johnson
Tyfield

Amazing batting but bowling falls a bit short
Lol Jadeja with batting avg of 37 and 220 test wickets @ 24 not making the cut.

Typhoon who ?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see QDK go on a golden run these next few years. Such a wonderful batsman to watch in full-flight, and 5 test hundreds is so absurdly low for a man of his talents