• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best left handed batsman in the world?

Who is the best left handed batsman (tests)?

• Total voters

Himannv

International Coach
Lara bats at 3 for me and Border should definitely be in there ahead of Sanga.

Also Underwood should be in there as the spinner.

Gob

International Coach
Lara bats at 3 for me and Border should definitely be in there ahead of Sanga.

Also Underwood should be in there as the spinner.
Not sure. I think Sangakkara eclipsed both AB and Pollock towards the end. Not by much but only Sobers and Lara are ahead of him for mine.

Also the drop of quality in pace department after Davo and Wasim is noticable. Vaas, Wagner, Zaheer are all decent but far from being atg. Personally I'd always go for peak MJ cos he is different and his day he can match anyone

Also didn't know Underwood was a left armer. Would definitely pick him as the spinner

DriveClub

International Regular
Surprised there aren't more atg left arm quicks. Thought Starc could be the next one but he's just turned out to be merely a 'good' test bowler (nothing wrong with that). With all his skills and physical attributes he should've achieved more.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised there aren't more atg left arm quicks. Thought Starc could be the next one but he's just turned out to be merely a 'good' test bowler (nothing wrong with that). With all his skills and physical attributes he should've achieved more.
The problem is that there's only like 10% of the population that are naturally left-handed. Batting is irrelevant as plenty of natural right-handers bat left-handed, whereas bowling left-arm off-spin is a significant advantage given that there's more right-handed batsmen than left-handed ones.