• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the 2nd best Australian cricketer ?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Does it annoy anyone else that a lot of women put their height in their Tinder profiles? Like I couldn’t give a **** about your height, I don’t care if you’re 4 feet or 8 feet tall.

Possibly the wrong place to ask this….

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does it annoy anyone else that a lot of women put their height in their Tinder profiles? Like I couldn’t give a **** about your height, I don’t care if you’re 4 feet or 8 feet tall.

Possibly the wrong place to ask this….
Because they need to know mens' height, and expect it of them.

See what happens when you ask them their weight though

Salamuddin

International Debutant
McGrath for sure. Without him, Australia in the period from 1995-2006 would have been a very good side but not a great one. If I’m not mistaken the only series losses in that period when McGrath played was the epic series in India 2001 and the the rain affected one in Sri Lanka 1999. Whereas Australia were beaten comfortably in India in 1998 when he was absent and were outplayed in England in 2005 when he was injured after the first test.

Slifer

International Captain
McGrath for sure. Without him, Australia in the period from 1995-2006 would have been a very good side but not a great one. If I’m not mistaken the only series losses in that period when McGrath played was the epic series in India 2001 and the the rain affected one in Sri Lanka 1999. Whereas Australia were beaten comfortably in India in 1998 when he was absent and were outplayed in England in 2005 when he was injured after the first test.
I've said this b4 and I'll say this again and this is completely from my own west Indian perspective. Without McGrath (and Steve Waugh) Australia would've imo, lost the 95, 96/97 and 99 series to the WI.

TheJediBrah

Indeed. He was certainly the most valuable of that team, going by the metric of who is hardest to replace. Also the 2003-04 Summer against India was a drawn series when he missed it. Warne could be replaced by MacGill and it was only a moderate downgrade. McGrath was replaced by Bichel, Bracken, Brad Williams, Shaun Tait etc.

ma1978

International 12th Man
Best is only partly about stats, its a holistic measure.

1. Border - Australia cricket was sliding fast skills wise and culturally when he showed up. You can draw a direct line from AB to the dominant Aussie teams. Plus if I want tog et an Aussie mate to tear up after a few beers, play "Where would we be without AB"

2. Ponting - the iconic leader of the dominant Aussie team. The Viv Richards of Australia.

3. Mcgrath - the most irreplacable player for 12 years

4. Miller - it was pretty grim after WW2 and he was the bigfest star in world cricketer. A ridiculous all rounder

5. Waugh - without his leadership SA would have been the dominant team of the 90s / 00s. The second best bat of the 90s

6. Warne - cpuld be higher given his match imoact and iconic status. Could be #1.

7. Gilchrist - best wicketkeeper ever. Wish he played more than 96 tests

8. Smith - cannot argue with the body of stats but limited vake beyond the stats. Need to see more tests

9. O'Reilly - legendary bowler and cultural icon

10. Lillee - the first great modern pace bowler

And this list skips Chappell, Harvey, Lawry, Lindwall, Clarke, Grimmett. A real embarassment of riches.

Burgey

1. Border - Australia cricket was sliding fast skills wise and culturally when he showed up. You can draw a direct line from AB to the dominant Aussie teams. Plus if I want tog et an Aussie mate to tear up after a few beers, play "Where would we be without AB"
This is 100% correct.