• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the 2nd best Australian cricketer ?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Ponting was an absolute rock star for a very long period of time. As a fan of the opponent (India) never seen a cricketer who scared me more. Godlike.

Smith is a small weedy little fellow. I would hire him to be my gardener, or manservant.
They’re basically the same height. And weight actually, Smith probably having more muscle imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know it’s a CW trait to big up favourite players by irrationally belittling other great players, but it usually involves stats guru and spreadsheets. I guess just saying someone is a weedy looking gardener saves quite a bit of time.
Personally I'm looking forward to the telling the young CW tikes of 2045 that they would've appreciated that Vusi was better than Sehwag if only they'd been there.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They’re basically the same height. And weight actually, Smith probably having more muscle imo.
I had to look this up and wow they are about the same height. Wtf. Always thought Ponting was way shorter.

But no way does Smith have more muscle. He's a skinny-fat dad bod. Ponting was lean and wiry af.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still getting over the discovery that Steve Smith is a manlet (5'8"). Pretty hard to respect a human less than 6 foot tall. Lucky he's good at cricket and found some success in life I guess.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Still getting over the discovery that Steve Smith is a manlet (5'8"). Pretty hard to respect a human less than 6 foot tall. Lucky he's good at cricket and found some success in life I guess.
I mean its cricket not basketball cmon. You respect Bradman, Sobers, Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting, Viv, Steyn, Murali, Border, Marshall and Sanga right?