• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who here actually saw Rob Quiney's 9 when it happened?

Did you see Ron Quiney's 9?

• I saw part of the innings live

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
So this is a chance to finally ask I guess

Where does the greatness of the 9's reputation come from anyway? Match commentary at the time, or is it just a CW thing?

Victor Ian

International Coach
where is that thread that was counting up all the greatest innings of each score? How did Ron Quiney fare on CW?

As to the thread question... Sadly, I did not see this innings. Perhaps it is out there on youtube courtesy of robelinda. Someone find footage of this.

Victor Ian

International Coach
So this is a chance to finally ask I guess

Where does the greatness of the 9's reputation come from anyway? Match commentary at the time, or is it just a CW thing?
Commentary is here

choose showing oldest rather than showing newest to save a **** load of scrolling.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How can you call yourself a cricket fan yet not have watched Rob Quiney's nine? Shame on those 8 people who haven't taken the time to watch one of the all time great cameos.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Channel Nine commentary at the time, in particular Mark Taylor.

"I know he only made 9 but it was a really impressive 9," etc etc.
Yeah, even though I was not as engrossed in cricket then as I am now, I picked an outsized sense of hype from the commentary. I knew it was a meme for quite some time before I discovered CricketWeb in 2015.