• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the top 5 Indian cricketers ever?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am surprised Dravid's numbers were that good at the same age. WAG he was.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
x in wins/losses should just be removed from statsguru tbh
Just furthers the point re: 20 wickets. You just can't win a test without taking 20.

At least with Kohli you could argue he's an Indian GOAT contender. Rahane doesn't get anywhere near an Indian GOAT side, but has almost the same number of 'overseas wins' as Dravid and Sachin, and more than Laxman.

Put that peak batting line up (yes I know they didn't all peak at the same time) with this crop of Indian pace bowlers (none of whom are really GOAT either - apart from Bumrah who has obvious potential - and the rest are a mixture of good to serviceable - which is a huge step up from mediocre and absolutely useless...they key is that they all work well together and hunt well in a pack) and you'd have seen a lot more victories overseas.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having watched most of these innings ball by ball I beg to differ. They were pretty remarkable especially the first test against England . He added 57 for the last wicket with Umesh Yadav and Umesh's contribution was 1 run. He single handedly took India to a victory in conditions that were really tough. The one against SA was pretty similar too. Kohli has had his fair share of failures but I can see him surpassing Dravid by the time he finishes. May not happen but I would absolutely not say it is because he doesn't play as many remarkable innings.
India lost the Edgbaston test where he had that partnership with Umesh ftr. Not that it was Kohli's fault obviously,just pointing it out.

venkyrenga

U19 12th Man
Am surprised Dravid's numbers were that good at the same age. WAG he was.
And he actually continued that form for another 3 years. And by 34 after 11 years into his career, he was averaging 66.5 outside the Indian subcontinent. Honestly, if Kohli has to get to that level he should continue his current form for at least another 5 years so he can get that longevity advantage.

Dravid had a crazy speak. And as someone said Tendulkar cast a shadow on Dravid. Especially in an era where ODI was getting more and more popular.