• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which young players will shine in comming Indo-Pak series?

Which young players will shine in comming Indo-Pak series?

• I Pathan

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Y Hameed

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I Farhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danish Kaneria

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Kaif

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Karthik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patel

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Any other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Choora

State Regular
All eyes will be on Sachin,Akhter,David and Inzi, but i think some young guns will play an impotant role in their teams victory and might become stars at the end of the series.

Choora

State Regular
Sami.. L:lol: L ..The way he performed in NZ is giving Nightmares to PCB so much so that former cricketers are being rushed to teach the lad the basics of fast bowlings!

Sami ,no way!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It will be a series where the experienced lpayers will shine, not the younger ones. One young bowler from either team in the form of a Pathan or a Sami or any one else can surprise though. But not any thing more than that.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Choora said:
Sami.. L:lol: L ..The way he performed in NZ is giving Nightmares to PCB so much so that former cricketers are being rushed to teach the lad the basics of fast bowlings!

Sami ,no way!
Well obviusoly thats one of the reasons he didn't perform in NZ due to lack of experience......i thought the topic u posted was WHICH young players will shine in comming Indo-Pak series? Hes still very young and needs experience, and maybe u forgot the series between NZ and Pak in PAK when he destroyed them through out the series. He still needs some basics right and whats wrong if wasim and imran are asked to help him???

Bouncer

State Regular
Obviously Sami is the man to look for coz PCB is paying alot of attention to his being not performing up to his skills. I personally think Both opening and One Down batsman of Pak (FArhat, Umar and Yasir) are going to do well.

Historically young unexperienced Pakistani players have done well when they first play against India. right from Hanif Mohammd, Sikandad Bakhat, Salim Malik,Salim Yousaf, Waqar Wasim, Saeed and even IMran Nazir and Afridi are good examples of young pakistani players playing against India and coming off good.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think either Pathan or Sami are in the least likely to shine in the forthcoming Tests.
Tendulkar, Inzamam, Dravid, Youhana, Akhtar, Kumble, Saqlain, Harbhajan, Agarkar, Shabbir, Umar, and last but not least, Laxman, will hopefully be the stars of the show.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I do hope not.:(
If Sami gets good figures the Indian batsmen will have to have played very poorly indeed, and that would be a shame.
Also don't think Chopra's anything particularly special. Even with some good fortune he didn't exactly excel in Australia, even while contributing much to the team cause by seeing-off the new-ball.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
If Sami gets good figures the Indian batsmen will have to have played very poorly indeed, and that would be a shame.
Why would they have to, and why would it be a shame?

Just because you don't rate him, does that make it inconceivable that he could bowl well?

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Choora said:

Sami ,no way!
Sami only had one bad series apart from that he was performing quite good.Whats wrong with wasim coming to help Sami when he helped Pathan,Nehra and zaheer khan

Last edited:

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
I think that Taufeeq Umar, Yasir Hameed and Mohammed Sami will shine.
From the India team Pathan will probably shine

Choora

State Regular
Pratyush said:
It will be a series where the experienced lpayers will shine, not the younger ones. One young bowler from either team in the form of a Pathan or a Sami or any one else can surprise though. But not any thing more than that.

Obviously one can easily expect Tendulkar Akhter and other seniors to do bulk of the job, but i think some youngsters will also do well .Remember Tendulkar got off to a blazing start to his career in Pakistan, that Indian teams was full of super stars.

I personally think Pathan will do well.Z Khan is injury prone and might not be able to play all three test matches, Ajit sufferes from mood swings while Nehra has been a dissapointment lately.

FRom Pakistan Hameed could be the guy, i forgot to include the name of Umar, who is developing into a fine Test opener.

Does anyone think a leggie in Kaneria will be able to pose any real threath to Indian batsmen?

Choora

State Regular
BTW, i didn't include the name of L Balaji at the request of an English moderator:saint: . My appologies to the great one!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Why would they have to, and why would it be a shame?

Just because you don't rate him, does that make it inconceivable that he could bowl well?
Clearly I find it inconceivable that he could bowl well.
Therefore if he gets good figures I think the Indian batsmen would have to have played very poorly, and I don't like to see good batsmen playing poorly.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But surely if they're getting out to such inferior bowlers (ask the NZ batsmen how inferior they thought he was?), then they cannot, by definition be called good batsmen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So good batsmen are now not allowed to play poor strokes?
A bad\average ball from any bowler (whether they're capable of bowling many good deliveries or not) is the same whoever the bowler and batsman.
How many times do I have to say that before you even concede that there's a touch of truth in it?