• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which was the best decade of the twentieth century?

what was the best decade in the twentieth century?

• 1900-1910

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 1910s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1920s

• 1930s

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 1940s

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 1950s

• 1960s

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 1970s

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • 1980s

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • 1990s

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe he's referring to Aus levelling the 3 test series in NZ to avoid their first ever series loss to them? Only guessing.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's when my mother's doctor took a spectacular one-handed catch from a rather slippery delivery. It dismissed me in the nervous 9 month's meaning I didn't continue on to what would have been a long overdue 10. It was the only match of the series, thus I came out the winner.

stumpski

International Captain
While all that was going on, England were in the middle of a badly rain-affected (what's new?) Test at Georgetown, Guyana. West Indies 110-2 on the third day.

I think that was the series when Greig ran out Kallicharran as he was walking off at the end of the day - after an uproar he was re-instated overnight.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
No surprise that a kiwi would rate the 1980's so highly :laugh:

For me, the 80's suffered from a lack of great series, despite the undeniable presence of a handful of ATGs. Of course, the 70's weren't exactly short of legends either, but it also had some more interesting contests until Packer messed things up just when they were getting as interesting as they've ever been.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... we beat India twice and NZ four times in the 1990s.

And so far in the 2000s we've beaten WI four times, too.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's when my mother's doctor took a spectacular one-handed catch from a rather slippery delivery. It dismissed me in the nervous 9 month's meaning I didn't continue on to what would have been a long overdue 10. It was the only match of the series, thus I came out the winner.
:laugh::laugh:

cover drive man

International Captain
Lets not go there - it's too depressing. We did beat them three times in the 70's too, fwiw.
But dont forget England won their last ashes series for nineteen years in the 80's after that you demolished us in every ashes series we played. So I think that should be able to keep you smiling