• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which series are you looking forward to the most in 2009?

pup11

International Coach
Personally looking forward to these in series in the given order:
1.Ashes 09
2.Australia in South Africa
3.England in South Africa
4.Sri Lanka in India
5.Pakistan in Australia
6.West Indies in Australia

Also looking forward to ICC World T20, IPL, CL T20...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally i'm pretty absorbed in this one just now. But the Ashes is the big one, especially if i manage to make it to the Headingley test.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Ashes, purely because you know it isn't going to be onesided like the last one in 2006. Any team can win. Then ofcourse, Australia in SouthAfrica. Also i personally look forward to India in Newzealand and Srilanka in India purely because the NewZealand series might decide whether India are a serious contender to challenge Aus or SA. Last time we were nailed by NZ although this is a much weaker NZ team . And we have got things to settle with mendis and co.

masterblaster

International Captain
Looking forward to The Ashes and India's tour of New Zealand which starts in March. I'm very interested to see how this Indian side would handle the different conditions of New Zealand. Granted New Zealand aren't the side they were a few years ago when we got beaten quite convincingly but it still should make for a very interesting contest.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ashes without a doubt.

I'll be keen on seeing England in the West Indies and Australia in South Africa too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to The Ashes and India's tour of New Zealand which starts in March. I'm very interested to see how this Indian side would handle the different conditions of New Zealand. Granted New Zealand aren't the side they were a few years ago when we got beaten quite convincingly but it still should make for a very interesting contest.
Yeah, those two for me as well. I think the NZ v India ODIs should be tremendous contests, and hopefully we'll be competitive in the Tests as well.

krkode

State Captain
Ashes should be great especially now that England and Australia are probably more evenly matched than they have been in years. Should be a good contest.

Also I'm very interested to see Sri Lanka v. India. They gave us a thrashing when we toured there in August but since then India has had a couple of phenomenal series - so it will be good to see this "new" India take on Sri Lanka even though the team that lost in SL was virtually identical to the one that beat Aus and Eng. Also curious to see if Mendis will continue to trouble batsmen. Since India's tour, he's been owning minnows as expected but I want to see him bowl against more test-class opponents.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Australia in South Africa: for a chance of redeeming the series loss that the Saffies will have endured here.

biased indian

International Coach
India in NZ
Sri Lanka in India.
India in WI
Australia in South Africa
England in South Africa

Ashes
Aus in india (ODI)
T20 champ
Ind SL SA tri series

Indian in bangladesh

Last edited:
Personally looking forward to these in series in the given order:
1.Ashes 09
2.Australia in South Africa
3.England in South Africa
4.Sri Lanka in India
5.Pakistan in Australia
6.West Indies in Australia

Also looking forward to ICC World T20, IPL, CL T20...
Sri Lanka's tour of Pakistan on 20th of January,2009.:cool: :cool:

Didn't realise there was cricket aside from the Ashes next year tbh :ph34r:
Ashes would be a one sided game as usual. I just wonder why some people are still waiting for that. I tell you the result right now. It's 3-0 in favor of Australia if all goes well for England. Otherwise it could be even 5-0.