• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Pro or ex pro have you got out?

Wazztodd

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, he's an excellent player. Even playing "hit and giggles" in that social match, he was pasting us everywhere.

I had many chances to knock over Neil Fairbrother and Peter Bowler at Tuggeranong grade training with my deceptively sneaky left arm orthodox (deceptive because they all went straight on) but never quite broke through. Got lots of fielding practice though, and was often able to sneak a quick beer out of my fridge as many of my offerings finished up near my house across the street. :(

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well i just played against NZ 'a' womens team. While no womens players are professional in this country , I took one catch and got 2 runouts. Only got 3 runs though and didn't get to bowl.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wazztodd said:
Yeah, he's an excellent player. Even playing "hit and giggles" in that social match, he was pasting us everywhere.

I had many chances to knock over Neil Fairbrother and Peter Bowler at Tuggeranong grade training with my deceptively sneaky left arm orthodox (deceptive because they all went straight on) but never quite broke through. Got lots of fielding practice though, and was often able to sneak a quick beer out of my fridge as many of my offerings finished up near my house across the street. :(
it is a fair shot to get the ball into any houses at tuggeranong grade training, the nearest houses to the chisholm nets are about 150 metres away on a left handers hook shot.

Wazztodd

Cricket Spectator
I don't know if they still do it, but we used to set up 8 nets back to back, if you know what I mean? My place was toward mid-wicket from the rear facing nets, just behind the number 2 ground. About a 50-60 yard slog.

Simon

I think i get ya, to be honest ive played 1 game there 3 seasons ago and my memory isnt great, i just remember the houses being unbelieveably close on the bottom field.
2 of our guys put it in the peoples backyard there.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So you dug up a 15 year old thread just to tell us about something you did 10 years ago lol
I was searching for a thread about Brendan Julian coz I wanted to read about him and it lead me here (see post 16)

Then I realised I had something to contribute

cnerd123

likes this
Does giving them out as an umpire count? Because if so I've got quite a few.

Also dismissed a 15 year old batsman who is very likely to play for HK one day for a duck. Pretty pleased with that.

SillyCowCorner1

From the same club, so I got Sewnarine Chattergoon out in practice....

Also, Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai, Veerasammy Permaul.

Bramble out at the under 15 level.