• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Pro or ex pro have you got out?

chris.hinton

International Captain
Not including Computer games, who have you got out

I have not got any Class cricketer out but my Brother has got out a Host of Professionals.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Errrm...Captain of Shropshire Bryan Jones (who's now retired), but he wasn't a pro by any standards...a fine Minor Counties Batsman, but also an almost full-time farmer.

Got him with a Left Arm Spinner's Top Spinner which looped up the pitch then shot through an open gate...in the nets :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No one :D

Only person I've ever played against/with who's ever played at anything approaching a highish level is Salliann Briggs (who captained England Ladies U19 in Australia these last few weeks).

And I've never bowled to her.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh hang on...I was in Holland touring I practised with this Dutch team...if only I could remember it...anyway I had my pic taken with some of them including the coach/player Tony Opatha...who was averaging 50 odd with the bat and under 10 with the ball that season...

I then bowled him after he helped me improve my action...then my shoulder went and so did my season.:( :( :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh and we had Zimbabwe and Pakistan training at our school before the World Cup 99, plus a womens One Day International on the 1st XI pitch . (Neither of which i saw :!( I also gave Jimmi Adams and Nixon McLean some throwdowns in the nets at Taunton in 2000.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I got out Greg Irvine, he played for the Prime Ministers 11 in Australia a couple of times. he got me out too in the same game which was a bit of a shame.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Which Pro or ex pro have you got out?

Langeveldt said:
Dont be so cheeky rick! Being a legspinner is a thankless task, and someone has to do it....
You need to see the background to Rik's comment to understand it properly :)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
well one day in 2001 I went to the Aussie training session and Steve asked me if I wanted to bowl.
And I bowled Hayden and Ponting.
I also got Warne and Gilchrist adjudged LBW by Simon Taufel who was standing in and Steve Waugh was popping them up on the leg side, they couldn't handle me.

Andre

International Regular
Well, I once had this cricket coach who said he played a match against Tendulkar playing for some country team.

He reckons he never got him out, but he bowled to him or something.

Note: we think he was lying :).

Wazztodd

Cricket Spectator
What a coincidence Broncoman! I got Greg Irvine out once too.
Only a social game though. It was at our annual Australian National University Hippies vs. The ANU Bar Drug fiends/Skinheads match at Reid Oval in Canberra, (small prize for guessing who I was representing) and Greg was one of their ringers. I got him caught somewhere, though with about 18 guys fielding, I can't take too much credit :)

Got Mick Bevan numerous times in the nets. Is the fact that he was about 12 and I was about 30 and 'sposed to be helping coach relevant?
Does George Greegan count? He's a pro athlete...
What about Laurie Daley?
Here's one. Which pro have you soiled yourself batting against? Geoffrey Lawson had me pooping my dacks trying to play him in a Intra- University game. I ran myself out of the fifth ball I faced, after he'd whacked me twice on the back thigh, buzzed one past my nose and cracked me in the unmentionables. Medium fast indeed! Then I went and hit the books. as it became painfully obvious that I was never going to make a living at this cricket caper...

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
lol :) hehe thats funny

I dont even wanna imagine what you would have done Wazza if you were facing, holding, or roberts.

Lawson was medium fast? I thought he was fast, or atleast fast medium.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wazztodd said:
What a coincidence Broncoman! I got Greg Irvine out once too.
Only a social game though. It was at our annual Australian National University Hippies vs. The ANU Bar Drug fiends/Skinheads match at Reid Oval in Canberra, (small prize for guessing who I was representing) and Greg was one of their ringers. I got him caught somewhere, though with about 18 guys fielding, I can't take too much credit :)
I got him out LBW a few weeks a go in a grade match for Souths v Weston Creek. Even though he is over 40 now he is still on of the best batsman going around in the Canberra grade competiton.