• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the worst side facing spin?

Ahmad Zahir

Banned
I think South Africa is the worst side facing spin and that's including Zimbabwe. They got battered by a really average SL team in Tests and also played really bad against them in one of ODIs getting out for a meagre total when the series was always won but still lost wickets to some really good but not extra ordinary bowling by Akila. England defeated the same SL team with ease and also to point out that SA don't have any outstanding spinner like Australia and England.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA or Aus, but in the case of Aus it depends heavily upon who is selected to play. Aus with Smith, Maxwell & Handscomb would be very handy.

I'd guess it would be a similar story with SA but I'm not as familiar with their players

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think South Africa is the worst side facing spin and that's including Zimbabwe. They got battered by a really average SL team in Tests and also played really bad against them in one of ODIs getting out for a meagre total when the series was always won but still lost wickets to some really good but not extra ordinary bowling by Akila. England defeated the same SL team with ease and also to point out that SA don't have any outstanding spinner like Australia and England.
Apart from Maharaj being a better spin bowler than anything England have?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
India is certainly the most overrated. I don't think the current lot are necessarily bad players of spin in the technical sense, but they give journeymen spinners far too much respect.