• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the best....

EddieM

Cricket Spectator
Free cricket simulator.

I need to create my own databases and make up the players ect... But i need a suitable sim to run it off. It can be OD or Test.

Any help would be much appreciated :happy:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Virtual Cricket 4
Serious post by the way, despite drunkeness. You can sim either OD or FC cricket with it, although you can tell it was a FC sim that had OD ported onto it. You can't sim it over by over and the databases are a little bit of a pain to make because they're text files and they won't tell you where you make an error if you make one, but it gives by far the most realistic simulation from a free sim I've seen, for FC cricket.

cpr

International Coach
Need to get VC4 updated, its been far too long. Always intend to do an updated CC list for the new season, always fail due to how long the Data takes to make.

Was the best sim by my reckoning, could throw some strange OD scores, and never try 20/20 on it!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't use Cribb's sim. Must have a slow engine in it because it takes forever to sim a match...

cpr

International Coach
Need to get VC4 updated, its been far too long. Always intend to do an updated CC list for the new season, always fail due to how long the Data takes to make.

Was the best sim by my reckoning, could throw some strange OD scores, and never try 20/20 on it!

You lucky lucky folks might see this by the end of the month. Working on updated First Class/One Day rosters for the county championship.

Takes an age to get all the data down, doing it in excel as I'm going to do some fantasy teams afterwards (eg, have teams based on which county a players from!) and its easier to make variables in excel. Only issue is getting it into a format for VC to read, so having to copy it over to wordpad afterwards is a bit slow.

Got the data for Derbyshire - Kent so far.