• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Aust player likes to go on field with a toasted sanga in his pocket?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Spag would have to be a jaffle rather than a sandwich press job

cnerd123

likes this
Even seemingly innocuous incidents have irked some players. During the Brisbane Test Langer ordered a player not to persist with a habit of jamming a toasted sandwich in his pocket to eat on the field.
wut

“You’re walking on against India, we’re trying to win a Test match and one of our players walks on with a toasted sandwich in his hand,” Langer said. “I spoke to [the player] about it at length yesterday. I said, ‘How do you reckon it looks, mate?’ Is that not something I should say?“
I think it's completely understandable if the stress of the job is getting to Langer, and it's an extremely human thing for people to not get along.

It sounds like the coaching staff had the right ideas and the players generally understood and appreciated that. There were just some barriers in communication. Generational gaps, and the pandemic has made things worse.

Hope they're able to work it out amicably.

Last edited:

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
This has Lyon or Starc written all over it, no wonder poor lads were bowling as if they were famished.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I don't know if anything good can come of coaching that reaches the level of how things look.
It shouldn't matter how things look - just how effective they are, like with Murali. Toasted sanga might work.

Midwinter

State Captain
With the amount of drinks being run onto field at each game, there should be no need to take a sanga out with you.

One of the drink runners should have the toaster on the boundary for whenever a player feels peckish.