• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where do you rate Jasprit Bumrah among Asian fast bowlers (Tests)?

Where do you rate Bumrah?

• Best ever

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Below the Pakistani trio

• Better than Kapil Dev

• Other (SpecifY)

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Where do you rate Jasprit Bumrah among Asian fast bowlers (Tests)? Average wise he is right up there with Imran, Wasim and Waqar. However his career is yet to finish.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
All jokes aside, I think he can be rated in limited over formats where I think he’s been one of the best for a good while now.

Jack1

International Debutant
Hard to gauge him compared to the three Pakistan bowlers because of longevity. But his wpm and average are extremely good. You’d have to say without question better than Kapil Dev. Start of his test career he seemed almost a lock for atg level fast bowler , but after some injuries his level has dropped - something he needs to try to solve because he average is rising towards 25 pretty sharpish . Have to wait and see because of that.

smash84

The Tiger King
Hard to gauge him compared to the three Pakistan bowlers because of longevity. But his wpm and average are extremely good. You’d have to say without question better than Kapil Dev. Start of his test career he seemed almost a lock for atg level fast bowler , but after some injuries his level has dropped - something he needs to try to solve because he average is rising towards 25 pretty sharpish . Have to wait and see because of that.
Not sure this is accurate. It is slowly rising towards 25, but he did really well in the last match in England.

ataraxia

International Coach
I mean he's definitely well below the Pakistani trio, so that must've been why there are two votes for that option.

Flem274*

123/5
He's definitely shown he can be as good, but even within his career to date there have been some strong ups and downs.

He's the best quick India have ever had.

Flem274*

123/5
I wonder if, at the end of his career, his figures will stack up against Dev.
He doesn't have time to make the pure output. He's 27 years old and plays in the 3 format and bowler resting era for a side who will always pick 2-3 spinners at home.

I do expect him to take 250+ wickets at a very, very good average.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he's fantastic. One of the best bowlers in the world and the best quick India has ever produced. I hope he can stay on the park long enough for his career stats to reflect that, because he's plainly a superior bowler to Kapil in terms of what he brings (not dissing Kapil, who was amazing, just Bumrah is better). He won't get to Kapil's wicket taking level, but he's ****ing awesome.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah definitely better than Kapil, not even a question. Will have to do what he's doing for another 5 years to start being compared to Wasim, Waqar or Imran though.
This is a bad take.
First time seeing an akilana post?

Slifer

International Captain
Imo, if I were india, for the sake of his longevity I'd rest him in tests vs the easier/lesser teams: WI, Ban and SL (at home only).