• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where Do You Play?

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
Where is your favourite place to play backyard cricket? Is it a cul-de-sac where you live or is it in your backyard or is it even in a park? Post here where you play your games of backyard cricket.

Yours in cricket

Lach.

Greeny

Cricket Spectator
The front yard.

nothing better than hitting the garage door of the people accross the street.

Bravoman

Cricket Spectator
You play Back Yard Cricket in the Front Yard? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? :D

We play at my Uncle's place. His back yard is an acre of park, surrounded on all sides by other houses. It's good because it's quiet, but it's bad because the ball goes over somebody's fence every second shot...

[Edited on 10/21/01 by Bravoman]

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
out on the street boys :)

nothin like seeing a panicked car driver swerve to avoid a beautiful cover drive...

kezzalee

Cricket Spectator
we used 2 play in the back yard b4 we got our pool, but now we play on the nature strip... it's pretty cool, 'specially when u see pplz sprintin' across the hot road 2 stop the ball from going down the drain! hehe :D

Barney

Cricket Spectator
whereever there is a cricket bat and tennis ball, and maybe a wheelie bin and a couple of people around

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
between my friends and i we went through 38 tennis balls over a single summer...all of them ended up in various neighbours backyards

therefore, the best place to play backyard cricket is somewhere without neighbours...

loz185

Cricket Spectator
We play in a car park that never gets used, occasionaly it is filled, thats when the cover drives become risky!

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
we used to play in the back yard until we got our pool to, now we play at our aunties cos she lives next to a park (the one were Brooke Walker always is in Pakuranga, he sometimes gives me lessons :)), it is really big and has a big club, which the let us play in there indoor nets with

huntz02

Cricket Spectator
Yeah i play out the front & the whole ground is fenced in which makes it hard but easy too hit a big score. Its a tiny area but the higest score ever is 102 set by urs trully.

sp_blocka

Cricket Spectator
Well, its the backyard for me. From my school, im sort of the one who came up with backyard cricket comps, we have 10 innings per player, it usually takes a while to get through games.

We give ground names to our backyards, i got the MCG, mainly because i keep it in good nick all the time, mowing lawn etc. I just call it Garth Park, naming it after my street.

Here's a question - Will there ever be a backyard cricket world cup or something else to a lesser extent????? :cheesy:

Odie

Cricket Spectator
I live in a tight-knit cul-de-sac, so every summer evening, after an afternoon swim in a neighbours pool, someone would break out the stumps and we'd set up, either in my driveway, which was the biggest, and had the most easily visible creases, or on the road. We'd also get out the wheelie bin, and someone else would barbeque some meat. It was like a party every night.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Wherever there was enough room....either in our front yard, on the street or in our neighbours yard.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Either Drive way

or Backyard :D

backyard mostly cause when im fielding i can do some weird somesaults and dives and not get hurt :P

or when im out start a Wrestemania with my lil bro :D

WIC_rules

Cricket Spectator
Here in india , we sometimes used to play even on railway tracks - and thats with trains oncoming !! No kidding !

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
A backyard cricket tip...

if you've got a trampoline (a big square one), you set it up about a metre behind the stumps... and wala!!! - your own wicketkeeper....

it doesn't damage the trampoline or the ball (if you're using a cricket ball), and any nicks are caught for you!!

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Hiya there Wrecker (WIC).

railway tracks ?! its a miracle you are alive.
Hey everyone, he doesn't speak for all of india. not everyone plays in lousy places. take me for instance:
I played my first two years of cricket between two motorhouses, with a well five feet to the side of the middle of the pitch. There was another one by the side of the motorhouse behind the batsman, and the only flat piece of land in the whole playing area (large enough for one to build a modest sized house..or maybe not) was the 5 x 3 feet in front of the batsman.
Ofcourse, there were very old apartments with very breakable windows that walled our 'ground'.

And I had a whale of a time :)

Hey, noone is talking about the equipment (bats, balls..). that well incidentally is now home to ~150 orphaned rubber, tennis, rubbercork, cork, and plastic balls.. hmm come to think of it- everything except cricket balls.

And then ofcourse, the garages, streets, classrooms, terraces (i hated that one- always had to run down and pick up balls I hit off the terrace..never learned to 'drop the ball and run' :( )