• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's your favourite Batman film?

Which is your favourite Batman film?

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Dead serious, nitpicking plot holes has got to be the lamest, most tiresome form of "analysis" imaginable. So bored of it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how did a guy who was so **** for so long make so many runs in the 2010-11 ashes series???????????

Spark

Global Moderator
Now there's a plot hole we can nitpick. Complete abdication of all logic there, wtf were the writers thinking?!

cover drive man

International Captain
Used to love batman forever when i was about five. Watched it a few months ago and was shocked at how daft it actually is haha.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
None of what you cite is a "plot hole". I guess they can fall under the "stupid things" category, but you do realize that you're watching a summer action film about a man dressed like a bat? If you find fault like those with the movie, I'm guessing you've NEVER liked a single action film in your life.
It's supposed to be plausible, or plausible in the context of the setting of the film. I can pretty much watch anything as long it is consistent.

The latest series of Batman films were supposed to be more gritty than the others, not getting into the realms of Avengers Assemble. Two of the things I mentioned don't make sense even within that sort of context. They both involve a woman who was more of a superhero than Batman at 8 year old, but has since become a pathetic mortal who dies in the same incident as a middle aged guy who was in a far more vulnerable position. It wasn't even the usual Hollywood thing where two people are in a car or something which has an accident and the plot decides which one conveniently dies whilst the other walks out with barely a scratch.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dead serious, nitpicking plot holes has got to be the lamest, most tiresome form of "analysis" imaginable. So bored of it.
Don't you find them jarring? Takes you out of the film a bit? I know this can be done deliberately (v-effect and all that) but in this case I don't think it was.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't you find them jarring? Takes you out of the film a bit? I know this can be done deliberately (v-effect and all that) but in this case I don't think it was.
Those of you who have seen me talk about DW especially, TV shows or movies in general before will have heard this rant before, btw.

It depends. If it directly contradicts what the author is actually trying to say - ie. if the author is trying to make a point about X and then does something which implies something completely different, then yeah, that's a huge problem. Similarly if the movie is trying to authentically or accurately depict a historical event (Apollo 13, which I rewatched today, would have been a way less striking movie had it not been accurate in all but a few minor and explainable details), then it's a big deal. But in something like a Batman movie, **** about this or that not being physically accurate or why did they not show how he got from A to B or whatever - I couldn't give a toss about that. That's not why I watch movies.

The lamest thing I saw in the lead-up to the movie by far was some 'study' some guys did exposing how, in fact, Batman's cape wouldn't have actually worked. If this was done in a Mythbusters-esque tongue-in-cheek sort of way then it's cool and fun, but when it's serious (and I think this was), then it's just flat-out lame.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I agree with Spark for the most part, films like this are about suspending belief to some degree. You can only fully enjoy them for what they are if you can disengage yourself from reality, to some extent at least.

However, having said that, sometimes uses of "poetic licence" can become annoying, if it is just too flagrant. I'd agree with analysing Batman's cape or whatever is incredibly lame, but I must say, I did find it a bit hard to believe how Bruce Wayne had his back badly broken, woke up in a jail in Persia (or wherever it was supposed to be), fully rehabbed himself, escaped and then somehow got back all the way back to the USA and into Gotham City (which was fully locked down) in the space of a month or whatever it was.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Except in the comics he heals himself a lot quicker by using the lazarus pit, which is literally a magic pit. Oh and thanks to this pit, Ra's has infinite lives. I think I'll take Nolan's version.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
The Dark Knight was the best purely because of the Heath Leger's acting as a Joker. That's what made it better than any other Batman movie.