• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's your bowling "mantra"?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
In my efforts to become a reasonable club standard medium quick bowler one piece of advice that I've frequently come across is the need for a bowling "mantra" to fall back on when under the pump. Your mantra should be a single, simple thought which you know will help trigger the most important parts of your bowling action. Mine is "shoulder into the pitch". When I'm bowling poorly, I find myself too eager to whip the bowling arm over resulting in poor pace and accuracy. If I concentrate on driving the bowling shoulder right over into the pitch every delivery my pace improves and I find myself able to maintain a more consistent length.

What's your bowling "mantra"?

Blocky

Banned
Never bothered with a mantra, it was all about the feeling for me - feeling strong during my run up, knowing that my arm action was high and that my front arm action was well timed with my bowling arm, if I felt those slip I'd start going back to the basics of my action and had a few triggers like pumping my front arm up in the air before bringing it down to help with timing and make sure I wasn't bringing it through too early.

Batting wise, used mantras frequently.