• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's more likely?Smith averaging more than Bradmans 99;94 or Lyon beating a Swann..

Which is more likely?

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
rumour i heard about tpc lol

a friend of mine went to his uni same year and said him another dude put on a chick on the spit. thats an unusual techique imo

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Is Rahat Ali the best left arm seam bowler Smith has faced?

*He probably faced Mohammad Amir for a few deliveries back in 2010.
Well he'd certainly be facing Johnson and Starc in the nets, so there's them. Fair enough point, however -- he's not completely proven against all types of bowling in all conditions yet (then again, who 100% is?)

rumour i heard about tpc lol

a friend of mine went to his uni same year and said him another dude put on a chick on the spit. thats an unusual techique imo
If I'm not mistaken, TPC skipped his HSC to play cricket and has literally been doing that ever since. Not sure how he'd have managed to go to uni while also playing full time for NSW, in England, and later for Australia.

So, uhh, I have serious doubts as to your friend's credibility.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hmm. maybe only the girl went to my mates uni and it was just at a party. i forget the details(i know that sounds like a cop-out)

anyway i believe it

Spark

Global Moderator
The next time Smith faces SA it'll be on home decks, having lost his then-propensity to not turn decent scores into huge scores, and against an attack which will still be very good but on the wrong side of its zenith, so...

The NZ attack will be very interesting because of Boult, I don't forsee Smith having particular troubles against anyone else if he's in form given that he's scored against almost anyone of note by now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How was he in UAE? Can't recall much of Australia's performance there, the Pakistanis really took all the limelight.

Spark

Global Moderator
Batted well without posting really great returns. 50 and a 90 IIRC, he adjusted to the batting tempo required by those conditions far better than any other Australian batsman (who just went increasingly Shane Warne, with the predictable results)

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to use a cricket bat on an english lass. We have some ****ing gorgeous exchange students right now. Im not drunk **** you Jonno

Niall

International Coach
Lets see how Smith does against Bangladesh and Mustafizur Rahman before we go into hyperbole. :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The next time Smith faces SA it'll be on home decks, having lost his then-propensity to not turn decent scores into huge scores, and against an attack which will still be very good but on the wrong side of its zenith, so...

The NZ attack will be very interesting because of Boult, I don't forsee Smith having particular troubles against anyone else if he's in form given that he's scored against almost anyone of note by now.
If Southee can get that real late outswing, and start it pretty straight, it could cause some real issues.

Meridio

International Regular
If Southee can get that real late outswing, and start it pretty straight, it could cause some real issues.
Yeah, this to me looks like the best way to get Smith out. An outswing bowler who also has the ability to nip the ball back off the seam. Forget about using the in-ducker to try and pin him lbw though; instead, use it to keep doubt in his mind about leaving the ball, and then if he's playing those deliveries into the on-side, that brings the outside edge into play for an outswinger that starts straight.

Or maybe just bowl Mark Craig and troll him out.

Riggins

International Captain
Anderson has a great inswinger, but it's great for getting nicks, not for getting under the bat of guys standing a foot outside off.
Maybe Smith would adjust his game plan based on the opposition he was facing. Crazy idea, obviously.