• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would be your England ODI XI ?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have the time to go into any statistical debate about Collingwood's ODI performances for England. But i have seen enough of him to know he has been one of England's better players over the past 6 years.

Off my head other than the his winter efforts recently in OZ & the WC i remember some solid a good series down in India in 2002 & NZ, he had a good VB series in 2002/03 also along with a good WC, some good performances in a tri-series vs India before the 2004 CT.

Statistically probably he doesn't stack up with some of the best ODI middle-order bats in his time, but since the 99 WC he has easily been one of England's top 5 ODI performers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You remember wrongly, then - he had 1 good innings in 2001\02 (in India) and was utterly terrible the rest of the time, he was terrible against the ODI-standard sides in the WC, he had 1 good innings out of 3 in the 2002\03 WC, and he had 1 good innings against ODI-standard opposition in summer 2004, 79* against India in the Second game.

And yes he has indeed been one of the better ODI players we've had the last 6 years, which says a lot about nonsense like Vaughan, Shah, Solanki, Clarke, McGrath, Troughton, Key, Strauss, Geraint Jones, Prior, Joyce, Loudon, Yardy and Loye. Being better than the likes of them isn't really too great an achievement.