• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What should we do with Mitchell Johnson?

What should be done with Mitchell Johnson?

• Total voters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not true, again. I've been pinged in the head by quick bowlers on even decks, hit in the ribs, on the hand, you name it, and I'm sure it'll happen many more times. Sometimes you just get a delivery in an awkward area or you simply misjudge the height of it. Doesn't have to be an uneven deck.
Yep, AWTA.

Pigeon

Banned
Well, after his struggle against Northants today, (7 overs 42 runs no wicket), I am afraid Johnson is pushing himself into being dropped. Watson's form (84 and 2-20 so far) does Mitch's chances no good.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I said in the tour thread, surely it's extraordinarily unlikely (if not completely OOTQ) that Watson would replace Johnson?

It'd be interesting to see Australia go in with the bottom four Watson, Hauritz, Clark, Hilfenhaus.

What's more, my ever-present maxim of "don't count your chickens until the end of the innings\game" applies here, and how. Leaping to conclusions about bowlers with five wickets still to fall is fraught with danger.

Last edited:

Pigeon

Banned
Watson will replace North if anything. Clark will replace Johnson if it comes down to it.
On further deliberations with myself, I agree with Pasag here. And Richard too. Australia cannot risk going in with two genuine pacers, a spinner and an allrounder who is not proven match fit in Watson at any rate. Especially since they are one down in the series.

A good chance though that Johnson might be dropped anyway for Clark. Unless Johnners do a complete turnaround in the second innings, like a ripping fifer.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If North loses his place due to basically the fact that the bowlers have bowled a heap of crap, I'll be seriously pissed-off.

Oh, and Johnson won't be dropped for Clarke. You can't bring someone in who's already in the team, and Michael Clarke is. :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Not really, if Marcus North breaks his leg on Thursday morning, and Watson is fit to bat, it wouldn't be a dire choice.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
IDK about that, dropping a batsman for Watson wouldn't be a disaster - his injuries usually come from bowling as far as I know.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Clark
Hilfenhaus

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
North's been poor in this series bar a knock on a flat deck coming in under absolutely zero pressure. I think he's a great player but it's not like he's in untouchable form. He couldn't even lift the pace when he got past 100 for quick runs.

pasag

RTDAS
North's been poor in this series bar a knock on a flat deck coming in under absolutely zero pressure. I think he's a great player but it's not like he's in untouchable form. He couldn't even lift the pace when he got past 100 for quick runs.
And his bowling has become a bit irrelevant.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And his bowling has become a bit irrelevant.
Yep, absolutely. If he was bowling well, you'd be tempted to back him for the 3rd but that it probabaly won't affect his selection any more makes him vulnerable to a challenge from Watto for the number 6 spot.