• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your worst experience with alcohol/drugs?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had a client who allegedly was part of a conspiracy to import 100kgs of pure coke into Australia. Drugs seized at a port in FNQ.

Can you imagine how much cut blow that is? That's a tragedy.
i hope this hero didn't serve time

Redbacks

International Captain
What shocked me, after renting with a friend who was smoking weed every day. Is how much of a psychological hold the drug has on a person. Such that if I was critical of them using it, I would be shunned and avoided and how they would interpret every event as a reason to use. 'Oh my dad is sick...', 'Oh we won/lost on the weekend...', 'I can't sleep...', 'Stressful day at work..', 'I only have a bit left, so I'll go hard for a couple days and then take the weekend off -> buy more Friday' which to me indicates guilt rather than free and conscious usage.

I doubt it will force anyone to commit a crime, but I think it is addictive as hell, and the social aspect of stoners means there is constant contact and need to offer favors. I remember reading 'addiction is the disease of denial' and I believe it fits the bill.

I think a persons life can become 'what do you do between bongs' after a while.

mr_mister

Hall of Fame Member
^100% agree

smoke to celebrate when you're happy, smoke to cope when you're sad. basically any activity you're doing can be summed up as 'hmm this would be more fun high' - from *** to video games to watching cricket!

mr_mister

Hall of Fame Member
is the word s e x literally censored? That's such an embarrassing and backwards thing, mods change that right away.

actually though

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
^100% agree

smoke to celebrate when you're happy, smoke to cope when you're sad. basically any activity you're doing can be summed up as 'hmm this would be more fun high' - from *** to video games to watching cricket!
Tbf, this can be true for any addiction.